Is this thing on? Bueller? Bueller?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Jan 21, 2010, 1:46:00 PM1/21/10
to Portland Data Plumbing
1. Is there a next meeting scheduled? I'm willing to give a short
tutorial on the Twitter API.

2. Speaking of Twitter, APIs, data plumbing, etc., there is a
CrisisCamp this weekend where geeks and others can help out with the
Haiti relief efforts. http://crisiscamphaitipdx.eventbrite.com/. I was
on a conference call last night and heard terms like YQL, Yahoo! Pipes
and GeoRSS go by, so I'm guessing those skills will be useful. I'm
going mostly as a Twitter API geek and general all-around contributor.

3. I'm also going to be pulsing the PDX Data Visualization group soon.
I'm trying to revive my R programming tutorials - I got a huge number
of visitors on my blog this week from a post on getting started with
R, so once the heavy lifting on Haiti is done, I'll be cranking that
up. Question - is there a big enough "market" for an R camp? I'm
guessing we have enough people in town who've played with R that we
could have session leaders other than myself.

brian walsh

Jan 21, 2010, 2:12:46 PM1/21/10
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Also wondering if this is active.

I'm interested in learning more/collaborating on activity-streams