Tonight's pdpug is canceled - can we pick back up in August?

1 view

Dawn Foster

May 26, 2009, 1:35:46 PM5/26/09
to Portland Data Plumbing
Since we only had 6 people RSVPed for tonight, we're going to cancel
it.

I think that we should put this group on hiatus until August to enjoy
more of the lovely Portland weather. What do the rest of you think
about skipping June and July and picking back up in August?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 26, 2009, 2:15:21 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
If we're going to skip July, we should skip August too, I think, and
pick up in September. But I'd like to see June happen, or possibly
another data visualization meeting in June, *after* Open Source
Bridge!
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky

Dawn Foster

May 26, 2009, 2:57:52 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Any other votes for doing June and then skipping July / August?

Alex Williams

May 26, 2009, 3:03:25 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
I think that makes more sense. We're still all here for the most part and August is so, so slow.
--
Alex Williams
http://alexhwilliams.com

Nathan DiNiro

May 26, 2009, 3:05:08 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Unless a Data Plumbing emergency session becomes necessary ;)

EM: uncl...@gmail.com
TW: @unclenate
PH: 503-449-9943

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 26, 2009, 3:38:06 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
For example, to plug some leaks?

Bram Pitoyo

May 26, 2009, 3:41:21 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Importing CSV to Yahoo!Pipes is really the topic that I’m interested
to learn about. Even if only a few people show up, I would be open to
attending in a cafe (Sip & Kranz? Ecotrust Building? They have
sunlight :)

–Bram

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 26, 2009, 3:51:19 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Yeah ... coming downtown and hacking tonight sounds like a plan! Food
/ coffee / wifi and walking distance from the MAX and I'm there!

Dawn Foster

May 26, 2009, 3:56:48 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Oh sure, as soon as I make other plans, you want to talk about importing from CSV files. If someone else wants to give the demo on that topic tonight, go for it.

Otherwise, I would be happy to give a demo at Beer and Blog this Friday for anyone who wants to see how to get data from a CSV file. It should be nice enough to be on the patio at Beer and Blog. BTW, a few of us are also plotting a post-beer and blog tweetup dinner at 8pm at the Hawthorne food carts if we want a pipes demo and then cart food :)

Dawn

Amber Case

May 26, 2009, 3:59:16 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Dawn,

I'd love to see that demo at BeerandBlog.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 26, 2009, 3:59:05 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Beer and Blog Pipes Food Carts on Friday works for me, hacking on
other stuff tonight works for me too. ;)

Bram Pitoyo

May 26, 2009, 4:00:41 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Friday is totally fine. It’s not a critical need. I was just wondering
about the lone CSV button in Pipes that I never use :)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 26, 2009, 4:51:29 PM5/26/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Looks like downtown PDX is getting excited over the CA Supreme Court
decision and not data plumbing, CubeSpace or open source hacking
tonight.