Final reminder: pdpug meeting tonight at 6pm!

Dawn Foster

Feb 24, 2009, 2:27:25 PM2/24/09
to Portland Data Plumbing
Don't forget to RSVP on Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1825823/

Tuesday February 24, 2009 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Oracle 1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 800

Agenda for this week:
* 6:00 Intros
* 6:15 Jerry leading a discussion about open source alternatives to
Pipes.
* 6:50 Work session. Bring your issues with Yahoo Pipes or other RSS
feed hackery & we'll pair up to help each other

Amber Case

Feb 24, 2009, 2:30:38 PM2/24/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
I am extremely excited for this meeting. Won't be accidentally showing up late for it either. :)
I'm interested in using Yahoo! Pipes to understand financial data --- or putting Yahoo! Pipes to work towards data visualization. I've also had issues with making a pipe that allows a StumbleUpon search.

-Amber

Nathan DiNiro

Feb 24, 2009, 3:04:19 PM2/24/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
Will anyone be live streaming the session tonight? Bill?

THX

EM: uncl...@gmail.com
TW: @unclenate
PH: 503-449-9943

mediaChick

Feb 24, 2009, 3:36:14 PM2/24/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
I'd really love someone to help me hack a Dapper feed I'm working on.

Anyone a Dapper Dan (or Daniel)?

See you all tonight!

♥ mediaChick
Writer, producer and social media lover
http://www.iheartmedia.com
503-516-9074

Bill Jackson

Feb 24, 2009, 3:45:05 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 2009, at 12:04, Nathan DiNiro wrote:

> Will anyone be live streaming the session tonight? Bill?
>
> THX

That's the plan! :)

Bill Jackson

Feb 25, 2009, 5:14:01 PM2/25/09
to Portland Data Plumbing
I hope the video was useful to those of you who watched @b3gl's
presentation live (@nahbois, @MicahElliott, @jnpdx). I didn't really
have anything to do with the video after that, so I just kind of moved
the camera around the room occasionally while people were talking, as
@dougcoleman observed. :) I also left the recording going far past
its useful point, so hopefully anyone that watches it gets when it's
okay to turn it off. I might be able to edit it down; still working
out the best way to do that with Mogulus.

Anyway, I was thinking about whether there is an easy way to make the
meetings, or at least the presentations, more interactive for the
folks that can't make it in person. When there were questions, I
generally didn't see them in time to be helpful. Maybe for the next
meeting, we can have a volunteer monitor the chat channel and speak up
on behalf of the people there?

Another thing I thought would be interesting is to run some
backchan.nl-type tool(s) on a computer hooked up to another projector,
maybe pointed at the side wall (so it's visible to everyone in the
room, including the speaker, at all times). Thoughts?

Oh, and for those that missed the tweets, you can catch the video at
http://bit.ly/pdpuglive-20090224 .

-Bill

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Feb 25, 2009, 9:25:45 PM2/25/09