Agenda for next pdpug: May 26th

Dawn Foster

May 14, 2009, 9:54:35 AM5/14/09
to Portland Data Plumbing
Here's the upcoming event where you can RSVP: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2677124

It's been a while since we've had a Yahoo Pipes presentation at pdpug.
Would people be interested in seeing a demo of how to create vanity
feeds and research feeds by looping through csv files filled with
keywords? I could spend 20-30 minutes of the next pdpug if people are
interested in that topic.

Any other agenda ideas?

Thanks
Dawn

Leif Warner

May 25, 2009, 3:22:13 PM5/25/09
to Portland Data Plumbing
I'd be interested in that.
Also, with the release of Wolfram Alpha, I'd like to see some
exploration of Semantic Web possibilities; specifically SPARQL queries
on data such as DBpedia.
-Leif

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 25, 2009, 4:37:12 PM5/25/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com

I owe Rick Turoczy a little exploration of the government data site
that just went on line. Assuming no more community emergencies, I can
put together a few slides on that. I've spent a little time with
Wolfram|Alpha too, although not in the last week.

I'd love to see Yahoo Pipes again ... does anyone here know anything
about Yahoo Query Language? That would be interesting as well.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky