Postal Protest - No Cuts, No Closures -- Save the Service, Save our Jobs Mon. Nov. 6, Noon-1pm

Jamie Partridge

Oct 30, 2023, 11:10:31 AM10/30/23
to PCPWU GOOGLE GROUP

Postal Protest - No Cuts, No Closures

Save the Service, Save our Jobs

Mon. Nov. 6, Noon-1pm

East Portland Post Office, 1020 SE 7th Ave.

RSVP https://actionnetwork.org/events/rally-to-preserve-and-protect-the-peoples-postal-service/

Stop Cuts, Closures, Displacement of Postal Workers !

Postmaster General DeJoy’s “Delivering for America” plan now includes consolidating letter carriers into massive Sorting and Delivery Center hubs, forcing long commutes and travel times while eliminating clerk, trucker and supervisor positions and reducing service or closing local post offices.

Evergreen Post Office (Beaverton) has been chosen to become a Sorting and Delivery Center in 2024, receiving hundreds of letter carriers, displaced from neighborhood post offices ("spokes") across Portland and Washington County.

We demand a community hearing, led by local elected officials, Senators and Congress people, with representatives of the US Postal Service, to answer our concerns and questions about this Sorting and Delivery Center - Spoke consolidation and it's impact on jobs and service.