Portable Python build scripts available on Github

Perica Zivkovic

Jun 21, 2013, 4:12:29 PM6/21/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Dear people,

As of couple of days ago Portable Python build scripts are available on Github.

Feel free to fork and add/remove packages to create your own distribution !

All contributions around packages, code or documentation are welcome !

GiuseppeL

Sep 23, 2013, 6:21:56 PM9/23/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
I checked your scripts, they are nice!
But I tried to run them with ipython 1.0 (and 1.1) and they failed... ipython changed a lot in the new releases!
Do you think to update them in a short time? It would be very useful for all ;)

Perica Zivkovic

Sep 24, 2013, 1:17:00 AM9/24/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Build scripts are created for CPython, they can not work with IPython. Unfortunately I did not planned such update on short term, who knows maybe in the future :-)

GiuseppeL

Sep 24, 2013, 6:53:46 AM9/24/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for my English, I meant a simpler thing.
In the current build there is ipython 0.13. My try was to replace ipython 0.13 with ipython 1.00 (and 1.10).
The current scripts does not work due to differences between 0.13 "setup files" and 1.10 ones.
What about this?

PS thanks a lot for your job :)

Perica Zivkovic

Sep 25, 2013, 2:53:11 PM9/25/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Ah, now I understand! For some weird reason I had an impression that you are talking about Iron Python :-))) Sorry about that

I'm working on a new build that will include updated packages and some fixes. Indeed structure of IPython package changed so it needs bit more work now to get it going.