Usage on network drive

din...@themartiens.com

Oct 24, 2014, 6:46:32 PM10/24/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the work on Portable Python. Very useful!

I've been using PP on a network drive, and everyone in our organization has read/write access to this drive. So far, all is good. But the usage is low and so concurrency issues may not have cropped up yet. Here are some questions I could use some help with going forward:
  1. Is write access a requirement due to the need to create .pyc files? Or will it work without write access, but just be slower due to the need to compile byte code every time a module is imported?
  2. If multiple users simultaneously run scripts that import foo.py, are there any issues with locks on foo.pyc?
  3. Is there anything else I should be aware of with multiple users running from a single network PP installation?

Thanks for any info you can offer.