Looks like a bug in PP 1.1 distribution based on Py 2.6
How to fix it:
- delete setuptools dir from [PProot]\App
- delete easy_install.py from [PProot]\App
- delete pkg_resources.py from [PProot]\App
- delete site.py from [PProot]\App
- download ez_setup.py from http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py
and place it in your [PProot]\App
- open command prompt and change dir to [PProot]\App
- type "python ez_setup.py"
- setup tools should be installed
- to use it type "Scripts\easy_install.exe [package_name]" while you
are in [PProot]\App
let me know if you have more problems. I will record this as a bug on
PP project site (http://www.PortablePython.com
keep pythoning !