Problem running Pycharm.exe.

paul.l...@ucdconnect.ie

Sep 26, 2014, 5:11:54 AM9/26/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I'm trying to run PortablePython and in particular the Pycharm.exe programme.

I'm running it from the F:\ drive (my USB key), but the error message I'm
getting is strange - it's telling me that the path is

D:5\portpython\portable ... &c.

This corresponds to my path, *_except_* for the D:5\ part at the beginning.

Please see attached image.

Is there a way around this? I'm at university and the sysadmins are, ahem...,
not normally very open to requests from students to system changes to
facilitate us.

I would be grateful for any help in this matter.

Regards,

Paul...
PyCharm_problem.png

Perica Zivkovic

Sep 26, 2014, 3:02:56 PM9/26/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
This is not really an error message, it is windows firewall asking to enable application to access network.

If you cancel the dialog, it should still work but some things will not work like auto update of the PyCharm (which you can not use anyway on portable installation).

Tried to cancel the dialog it and use PyCharm?