Installing the openpyxl package

Grady Imel

Apr 3, 2014, 11:48:08 PM4/3/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
I'm having problems installing the openpyxl package into PortablePython.

Does anyone have a procedure for this?

Thanks,
Grady

Perica Zivkovic

Apr 6, 2014, 3:32:13 AM4/6/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a pure Python package, extract tar.gz with smoe archive tool (e.g. 7zip) and copy openpyxl folder to ..\App\Lib\site-packages\

That should do the trick!

Grady Imel

Apr 10, 2014, 4:46:07 PM4/10/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, that seemed a lot easier than I was trying to make it. Thanks!

I'm getting the following error:

P:\PortableApps\Portable Python 3.2.5.1\App\lib\site-packages\openpyxl\__init__.py:31: UserWarning: The installed version of lxml is too old to be used with openpyxl
  warnings.warn("The installed version of lxml is too old to be used with openpyxl")

How would I fix this?

Nathan McCorkle

Apr 10, 2014, 11:32:34 PM4/10/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Try doing the same thing you just did, but with the lastest lxml, maybe? You'd likely have to overwrite the existing version in PortablePython/App/Lib/site-packages
I have lxml and lxml-2.3-py2.7.egg.info directories, one with the module and one that seems to have some installation info on the installed version. I'd try deleting (or moving them somewhere else until you know it works, if you don't have the space to test on a new PortablePython install) them both and place the new version there. I grepped the Portable Python directory and it looks like there aren't any other references to those specific directories that would need modified.

Nathan McCorkle

Apr 10, 2014, 11:32:48 PM4/10/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com

Perica Zivkovic

Apr 19, 2014, 9:53:05 AM4/19/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
OpenPyXL is included in 2.7.6.1 with updated lxml package. Enjoy!

Grady Imel

Apr 22, 2014, 10:22:15 AM4/22/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! However, I was using 3.2.5.1.  Not sure I'm willing to change at this point.

Grady Imel

Apr 25, 2014, 3:17:46 PM4/25/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
I did what you suggested below and it removed the error.  Thanks!