Is there any 64 bits version ?

Antoine Martin

Oct 3, 2012, 4:18:50 AM10/3/12
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just would like to know if a x86_64 version of portable python exists, and if this is not the case, if there is any plan to produce one someday.

Thank you in advance.

Perica Zivkovic

Oct 3, 2012, 5:07:42 PM10/3/12
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
It does not exist at the moment and there are no plans to create one at the moment.

If there is enough interest, I could look into this.

Please post this as a improvement via PP website support system and if it gets enough votes from other people I will start working on it.

Jim Passmore

Oct 3, 2012, 6:07:54 PM10/3/12
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:18:50 AM UTC-4, Antoine Martin wrote:
I just would like to know if a x86_64 version of portable python exists, and if this is not the case, if there is any plan to produce one someday.

Since there are no plans to develop a 64-bit PP, I'll point out there is a 64 bit portable at WinPython.  (http://code.google.com/p/winpython/ )  Looks very interesting.

Jim

ukc...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2013, 8:22:13 PM4/27/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
I too am interested in an x86_64 version of PP.  I did not see how to post this as a improvement via PP website support system, as suggested. Thanks.

Perica Zivkovic

Apr 28, 2013, 5:54:52 AM4/28/13
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this suggestion, there is a feedback button on the project page (lower left corner) or you can go directly to

and enter this suggestion so that other people can vote for it.

keep pythoning !

Tcll 5850

Jun 7, 2015, 2:12:08 PM6/7/15
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
I wish, I could...
for some reason, I can't vote or comment...
but I really need this.
specifically python 2.7.6.1 or if you choose to finally update to 2.7.8.x, I'll need both x86 and x64.

I could use linux and mac versions as well (no more wine)