PythonW and Splash Screen

Stephen O'Connor

Jul 3, 2014, 9:22:59 AM7/3/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
First let me just say that this project is exactly what I've been looking for, so thank you. Also the latest addition of the xlwt and xlrt packages is fantastic.

My only concern is the splash screen on pythonw. It looks great on Idle and other python scripts/programs, but on pythonw it's rather disconcerting to see it suddenly appear and vanish.

Thankfully I was able to edit the path settings of the target machine so I can directly use App/pythonw.exe, but I don't "own" this computer so cannot guarantee my settings will remain. It would be great if there was a splash-free launcher for pythonw.

Again, thank you for this project. Hopefully in a short time I'll be able to meaningfully contribute to projects like this.

- Stephen

Perica Zivkovic

Jul 3, 2014, 2:45:44 PM7/3/14
to portabl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, glad you like it.

Got some requests for removing splash and will think about it. In the meantime, other option besides modifying env variables on target machine is to create batch file that sets needed variables before it executes python.exe or pythonw.exe

More info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/portablepython/bDV0z20TcPI/2En6aMScJE4J

hope it helps!