API returns duplicated contacts

nakib

Mar 6, 2012, 9:55:38 AM3/6/12
to PortableContacts
Hi,

I've developed an application that uses this API some time ago and it
was working just fine.

Now I have reports saying that some duplicated contacts appear in the
list. After some debug, I've found that the API is really returning
more contacts than it says it will return.

With my account, in example, when I send the consecutive requests to

https://www-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/api/people/@me/@all

in all responses I get the field "totalResults":478, but I receive 486
contacts. After some debug I've found some repeated contacts, with
different ids. The difference between them is the profileUrl, that
brings the Google+ url.

But that is not linear. I cannot ignore all contacts with profileUrl
field, because some of them are "real" contacts, and If I do so, I
will not get all my contacts.

If I check the contacts in the Gmail page, there are no repeated
contacts.

Can anyone help me understand if this is an API problem or some flag I
am not setting?

Thanks in advance

nakib

Jun 15, 2012, 10:11:48 AM6/15/12