Email in google portable contacts

runar.lie@office123.net me

Apr 9, 2010, 8:35:24 AM4/9/10
to PortableContacts
Hi,

I was wandering if anyone could help me out with a question. I am
using the opensocial-php-client to access google contact data using
the portable contacts api.

I am running one of the demo apps, and allthough i can get most
information about my contacts, I cannot seem to be able to get the e-
mail or normal addresses. I have tried using the @all fields option as
well as specify the emails as a field of request. Does anyone have any
idea about what this is? And does anyone have any idea on how to fix
it?

Mark W.

Apr 14, 2010, 12:49:49 PM4/14/10
to PortableContacts, google-ac...@googlegroups.com
We hit something similar. I think the problem you are running into is
that each vendor that provides an endpoint for PoCo/OpenSocial decides
on their own privacy rules. I *think* that Google does not expose
email unless the owner and viewer are the same (e.g. you are looking
at your own info), and even then I'm not sure it's exposed. I cross
posted this on the google accounts list because the folks there are in
a much better postion to know than I am.

What I'd really like is to be able to grant access to my information
for a specific group of people, e.g. "allow my 'family' group to see
my e-mail information." I'm interested to know what you find out.

-Mark W.

On Apr 9, 8:35 am, "runar....@office123.net me"