Not getting email or postal addresses from PortableContacts

arsduo

Mar 24, 2011, 5:30:18 AM3/24/11
to PortableContacts
Hi,

I'm new to PortableContacts, but am excited to use it rather than the
proprietary Contacts API. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem -- I
can get contact data successfully using using an OAuth2 token (sent
through the Authorization header), but I get neither email address nor
postal addresses for the resulting contacts.

From other threads in this group, it seems like that data should be be
available, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's
a bug (this resembles the problem described in
https://groups.google.com/group/portablecontacts/browse_thread/thread/848e84d931a866d).

For reference, I'm just sending the authenticated request to
https://www-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/api/people/@me/@all, and
I've verified that the contacts I'm looking at have both email and
postal addresses in Gmail.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

Joseph Smarr

Mar 24, 2011, 6:21:18 PM3/24/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com, arsduo
Have you tried adding ?fields=@all to the request? I believe Google doesn't return all fields by default (for compactness), but that should make them return them all (you can also do things like ?fields=displayName,emails to just specify certain fields you want). As usual, make sure to url-escape all your query param-values. Thanks, js