ID attribute missing

arsduo

Apr 3, 2011, 6:06:57 AM4/3/11
to PortableContacts
Hi,

I've been playing with PortableContacts, and just discovered that some
contacts (those without email addresses, or without emails already
associated with Google) don't come with a unique ID. This was
reported a while ago in the old forum, but never answered:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/apps-apis/thread?tid=23ced0df64ecf341&hl=en

Apparently the Portable Contacts spec states that all records must
have a unique ID; this is certainly inconvenient, though not fatal to
what I'm doing. Still, I thought it was worth bringing up again in
case it's fixable.

Thanks!

Alex

William Landers

Apr 6, 2011, 1:04:57 PM4/6/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
I had also reported that in the google contacts group before I discovered this one:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!topic/google-contacts-api/9HR8hIMWfVo

no answer so far there either

Joseph Smarr

Apr 6, 2011, 1:18:03 PM4/6/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
Definitely sounds like a bug--the PoCo spec says each contact always needs to have an ID. The google forum is probably the best venue for this since it's a google-specific implementation issue, but I'll try to investigate soon or bug someone else to do so. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delayed response! js