PoCo LoGo?

Justin Richer

May 26, 2011, 6:19:05 PM5/26/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
I'm putting together a presentation that talks about all different bits
of the OpenStack: OAuth, OpenID, Activity Streams, PuSH, PoCo, and
others. Unlike just about everything else in Web2.0 world, PoCo doesn't
seem to have a cute logo of its own to help keep my slides from being a
wall of text. At least, none that I could find in a bit of googling. So
my question: Is there one out there that I can use? Has anybody even
tried to make one?

-- Justin

Joseph Smarr

May 26, 2011, 6:28:09 PM5/26/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
Heh, nope, we designed one back in the day, but held off because we thought it was premature, and then never followed up now that more people are using it. So I'd say you're stuck with text for now, but maybe if/when we finish up finalizing PoCo and getting the IPR fixed up, we can celebrate with a shiny new logo. ;)

Thanks, js

PS: Love "LoGo" :)

Kevin Marks

May 26, 2011, 7:25:11 PM5/26/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com, Christopher Messina

Paging open source logo designer genius Chris Messina...

Justin Richer

May 27, 2011, 11:16:44 AM5/27/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
After some digging, I found this one:

http://www.vizcab.com/portable-contacts-2

I like it, and since there's no official logo, I'm going to run with
it. :)

-- Justin

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to portablecontacts
> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/portablecontacts?hl=en.

JBJ

May 27, 2011, 11:37:51 AM5/27/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
I like it too.
Neat idea to use head silhouettes as the punches out of the index card. :)

Kevin Marks

May 27, 2011, 11:42:41 AM5/27/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com

I like the rel ="me" shirt too

Joseph Smarr

May 27, 2011, 12:28:15 PM5/27/11
to portable...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this was some exploratory design that Michael Rowley (Plaxo's creative director at the time) did. As long as everyone knows it was just exploratory, I'm happy for you to use it in a presentation. :)