Saturday Arattai - 3rd May 5pm screening of 'The Square' and interaction with Suzanne Adely

shreela manohar

May 2, 2014, 8:00:51 AM5/2/14
to shreel...@yahoo.co.in
After an extended hiatus to the Saturday Arattai sessions, we would once again like to invite you to upcoming events this summer, starting with the screening of a documentary movie. Please come and bring friends :)

Documentary Screening and Discussion

The Square
A film by Jehane Noujaim

on

Saturday, May 3rd, 5 pm

at

The office of the Vettiver Collective

92, 3rd cross street, Thiruvalluvar Nagar, Chennai -90
(down the lane adjacent to Hotel Thalapakatti on Elliot's Beach Road, and third left from there)

The screening will be followed by a free flowing interaction with

Suzanne Samera Adely

( India Project Coordinator of the Global Law & Organizing Project of the United Auto Workers,
and International Committee Co-Chair of the National Lawyers Guild )

The Square is a revolutionary film about change and the power of people. The Egyptian Revolution has been an ongoing rollercoaster over the past two and a half years. Through the news, we only get a glimpse of the bloodiest battle, an election, or a million man march. At the beginning of July 2013, we witnessed the second president deposed within the space of three years. This film is an immersive experience, transporting the viewer deeply into the intense emotional drama and personal stories behind the news. It is the inspirational story of young people claiming their rights, struggling through multiple forces, in the fight to create a society of conscience. Watch the trailer and meet the characters here - http://thesquarefilm.com/about

Contact : 9840523235 (Archana) or 9444689572 (Shreela)