Fwd: Cycling Friends - Mark your calendars! Saturday April 22 Ride to the Point!

BBBB

Apr 17, 2023, 9:54:57 AM4/17/23
to porcw...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Fisher <ch...@frllc.us>
To: BBBB <rob...@verizon.net>
Sent: Wed, Apr 5, 2023 12:14 pm
Subject: FW: Cycling Friends - Mark your calendars! Saturday April 22 Ride to the Point!

From: Dave Fawcett <dfawc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 8:09 AM
To: sdis...@eckertseamans.com; Roy Kraynyk <rkra...@alleghenylandtrust.org>; Sean Brady <sbr...@hollowoak.org>; Charles Fisher <ch...@frllc.us>; barry...@comcast.net; jo...@wiesner.com; Charlotte Fisher <c...@frllc.us>; gko...@kontoslawgroup.com; scott.he...@gmail.com; stanley...@bipc.com; ephi...@babstcalland.com
Cc: Kyra Baillie <ky...@fawcett4countyexec.com>; Michael Butler <mi...@fawcett4countyexec.com>

Sorry, resending... Best to use this Re line above on email

Friends:  I've talked with most all of you and think we can work together and spread the word to get a bunch of bikers out for the Earth Day news conference at the Point.  Let's do it!   See how far and wide you can circulate this information, and see if you can get people to commit to stopping by!

Below is an email template for your consideration in inviting people to join a news conference announcing my intention to make creation of a Countywide Riverfront Park my highest priority. Use or edit as you see fit.

Dear Cycling Friends,

On Earth Day, Saturday April 22 at 9 a.m., my friend and County Executive Candidate Dave Fawcett will be holding a news conference at the Point State Park fountain to discuss his long-running plan of creating a countywide riverfront park - a transformative investment in our region which would involve moving rail lines, reclaiming our riverfronts, and creating an uninterrupted linear park along all of our rivers, with bikeways and amenties all along the way, from county line to county line.   This new park would allow people to transport themsevles efficiently, raise property values and be an economic driver for our region.

I am urging you to attend the event to learn about the plan and show your support for this long-needed investment in our region's transportation, recreational and cycling infrastructure.

Please let me know if you can attend, and please invite others who may be interested in these plans.

Regards,

PS: As you may know, Dave is an attorney and a former member of County Council who has always championed bikeways, parks, green space and environmental improvements.