Monday night! Porchlight + Litquake sitting in a tree...

Porch Light

Oct 7, 2016, 1:22:27 PM10/7/16
to Arline Klatte

Monday, October 10

Porchlight and Litquake present:

LIFE DURING WARTIME

Every year, we join forces with the amazing Litquake Literary Festival to bring you a night of stories told by authors and writers. Our theme for this show is ripped from the Talking Heads song “Life During Wartime,” and involves tales of explosive scenarios, epic struggles, and living each day like it could be your last.

Featuring stories by:

Jack Boulware is co-author of the definitive oral history of Bay Area punk, Gimme Something Better (Penguin), among other books. He is also co-founder and executive director of Litquake.

Greg Milner is the author of Pinpoint: How GPS Is Changing Technology, Culture, and Our Minds, and Perfecting Sound Forever, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award. His writing has appeared in Wired, New York, Slate, Village Voice, Salon, Spin, and Rolling Stone. He lives with his family in Brooklyn, New York.

Laurie Notaro was a reporter and columnist for The Arizona Republic. She is the New York Times bestselling author of The Idiot Girls’ Action Adventure Club, Autobiography of a Fat Bride, I Love Everybody and Other Atrocious Lies, We Thought You Would Be Prettier, Idiot Girls’ Christmas, There’s a Slight Chance I Might Be Going to Hell, The Idiot Girls and the Flaming Tantrum of Death, Spooky Little Girl, It Looked Different on the Model, and The Potty Mouth at the Table. Her newest is the novel, Crossing the Horizon. She lives in Eugene, Oregon.

Bucky Sinister is the author of Get Up: A 12-Step Guide to Recovery for Misfists, Freaks, and Weirdos. Black Hole is his most recent book.

Eric Spitznagel is an Executive Writer at Men's Health Magazine, and frequent contributor to mags like Playboy, Esquire, Vanity Fair and the New York Times Magazine, among others. He is author of seven books, including his latest, Old Records Never Die, about his attempts to track down the vinyl records of his youth. You can learn more about it by going here: www.recordsneverdie.com. He lives in Chicago with his wife and kid, and is currently co-writing Jeff Tweedy's upcoming memoir.

D. Watkins is a columnist for Salon; his work has been published in the New York Times, the Guardian, Rolling Stone and other publications, and he is the recipient of numerous awards including a BME fellowship. He is currently a professor of Creative Writing at the University of Baltimore and is the founder of the BMORE Writers Project. In addition to The Beast Side, he is the author of The Cook Up: A Crack Rock Memoir. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.

Pamela Alma Weymouth is a writer whose essays have appeared in Truthdig, SocialEarth, and the HuffingtonPost. Her anthologies include: Best Women's Travel Writing, Mamas Write, and Hot Flashes: Sexy Little Stories & Poems. She has performed live at: Naked Truth & Listen To Your Mother 2016. She has taught humor writing at The Writing Salon & Berkeley Extension. Currently, when she's not single-handedly juggling twins, puppies, or hens, she's at work on an essay collection: Surving Twinland: The Shock & Awe of Raising Multiples

Hosted by Arline Klatte and Beth Lisick. Music by Marc Capelle

Verdi Club

2424 Mariposa Street, SF

8pm, $25 advance, $30 door

Chef Sean will be on site with his special piccata bowls for purchase for $9

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM EVENTBRITE