Mixed ploidy -> diploid simulation

mnow...@utk.edu

Nov 2, 2023, 9:02:26 PM11/2/23
to poppr
Hi, Zhian and all,

I'm trying to convert my mixed ploid (2n / 3n) dataset into a diploid one for easier ancestry inferences. I used rraf() for allele freqs in my properly (double) encoded original dataset, then used by_pop.
Based on that, I calculated the allele occurrences as per diploid total allele count, keeping in mind the missing data.

For instance:
pop1 = 36 Inds; pop2 = 80 inds

allele pop1count pop2count
allele86 48 91
allele84 9 11
allele82 13 41
allele88 1 9

Ho = 0.76; He = 0.61
My python mojo fails me - the simulated datasets either have the correct Ho / He OR the allele counts. Is there any specific software I could possibly use for such simulations? DIYABC did have as extensive specs included.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Marcin

Zhian Kamvar

Nov 11, 2023, 3:40:24 PM11/11/23
to mnow...@utk.edu, poppr
I'm afraid I would be just as lost as you are right now. If anyone has something that may be able to help, please comment here.

Best of luck.