How to turn off observed values from being displayed in diversity_ci() plot

bm...@cornell.edu

Nov 3, 2022, 1:53:42 PM11/3/22
to poppr
Hi there,

When I use diversity_ci() with rarefy set to true, my observed values are much higher than estimated values for populations with larger sample sizes, and this causes all of the CI  box plots to be shrunk at the bottom. Is it possible to turn this (observed value point) feature off?

I only saw an option to turn the plotting as a whole on and off in the documentation.

Thank you for the help,
Breanne

P.S. I am using the following versions of everything:
PoppR 2.9.3
R version 4.1.2 (2021-11-01)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Monterey 12.6

Zhian Kamvar

Nov 4, 2022, 8:39:28 PM11/4/22
to bm...@cornell.edu, poppr
Hello,

At the moment, there is no way to turn it off from poppr itself, but there are a couple of things you can do:

1. you can copy and modify the internal boot_plot() function to not display the points and then plot it using the "raw" output of diversity_ci() (here's how it is used in the code).
2. you can modify the components of the ggplot2 object

Best,
Zhian