Error in loading package "adegenet"

Mohamad Ali El Chami

Apr 7, 2023, 10:42:44 AM4/7/23
to poppr
Hello everyone,

Last days I tried to work with Poppr again. but I had some problem regarding loading  adegenet package.

I got this message:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘adegenet’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 namespace ‘htmltools’ 0.5.3 is being loaded, but >= 0.5.4 is required

I have read about the problem or similar issues, but nothing helped to solve it .

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

Julius Pyton Sserumaga

Apr 11, 2023, 9:52:21 AM4/11/23
to Mohamad Ali El Chami, poppr
Hello Mohamad.

To resolve this issue, you can try updating the htmltools package to a version that is compatible with adegenet. You can do this by running the following command in your R console: install.packages("htmltools"). This should install the latest version of htmltools and resolve the version conflict with adegenet. Once you have updated htmltools, you should be able to load adegenet without encountering any errors.

Alternatively, you can try installing a specific version of htmltools that is compatible with the version of adegenet you are using. To do this, you can use the install_version() function from the devtools package, like this: devtools::install_version("htmltools", version = "0.5.4")

Kind Regards
Julius Pyton Sserumaga, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist
Program Lead: Beef and Meat Research
National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO)
National Livestock Resources Research Institute (NaLIRRI)
PO. Box 5704, Kampala, Uganda
Office Tel: +256 -414-674025
Mobile +256-774-873595
Skype: serumagajulio