Python/Postgres/Mailman Contract

Steven Clift

Nov 21, 2021, 1:59:05 PM11/21/21
to poplus
E-Democracy.org is looking for a civic tech inspired developer/admin to help migrate our online groups from legacy open source GroupServer.org platform most likely to a customized version of Mailman 3 with Hyperkitty (web interface/archive).

E-Democracy is one of the original civic tech projects from 1994.

A number of our online groups (mailing lists/web forum combo with clever participation and trust building features build-in) continue to this day.

If know Python and a bit about Postgres, Mailman 3, email delivery, etc. that's a good base. You'll need to learn a bit about python-based Zope to help extract member info, group memberships, and archives.

We have a modest budget from our savings and member donations as a thank you, but not market rate.

Contact me to discuss and help scope out what's possible: cl...@e-democracy.org

Thanks,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org