Letting the user enter Gmail email/password in contact form?

Brennon Williams

Nov 19, 2013, 12:45:59 AM11/19/13
to pon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I managed to put together a functional contact form using Pony (absolutely beautiful by the way). I'm new to Ruby and am still learning its ins and outs. Would it be possible for me to allow the user to enter the sender email and password from a contact form?

Thanks,

Brennon

Ben Prew

Nov 19, 2013, 10:59:32 AM11/19/13
to pon...@googlegroups.com
Brennon,

You could have a form that asks for the users email credentials...  Why would you want that?  As a user, I'm probably not going to give you my email password.

Depending on what you need to do, you could just set the reply-to header to the user's email address.

--

---