National Day of Prayer coming up

1 view

Brandon

May 6, 2009, 1:19:24 AM5/6/09
to polytheist charity
The first Thursday in May (i.e. this Thursday) is the National Day of Prayer in the U.S.  This has been rather controversial in recent years, especially with the role of Shirley Dobson and the National Day of Prayer Task Force.  But now with a new administration there is a question of what will develop.

I just wanted to bring this up as a possible opportunity to bring together our spiritual and politically-active lives.  As polytheists, whether we "participate" or "protest" (choose your verb at will), it seems like an opportunity to promote freedom of religion. That in itself is kind of like a form of charity -- giving of ourselves through religious expression for the benefit of our society.

Brandon in Japan

http://wildhunt.org/blog/2009/05/update-will-the-national-day-of-prayer-be-different-this-year.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day_of_Prayer