sadly moving on

Brandon

Aug 11, 2009, 8:17:24 PM8/11/09
to polytheist charity
Hi folks,

I have just made the big move from Hokkaido back to Minnesota.  I'm gonna go to grad school to become licensed as an ESL teacher.

Which leaves me wondering what to do with this group.  There's been no recent activity, and there never was very much to start with.  Would anyone like to take over, perhaps taking it in a wildly new direction?  If not, this will probably be the sad end of Polytheist Charity (the group), though I hope not the end of Polytheist charity (the practice).

Brandon in Minnesota

K.L.

Aug 12, 2009, 11:11:37 AM8/12/09
to Polytheist Charity
Hi Brandon,

I'm not really sure there needs to be a whole lot of group activity on
the discussion list, per se. The contribution of this group I use
most is the "pages" section. I think it would really be a big loss if
that disappeared.

There are some groups that I have run which haven't had activity in
years, but I don't delete them simply so that anybody who wishes can
file back through the archives for info if they wish. Though
technically inactive, they can still be good reference resources.

So if new activity occurs on the discussion part of this list, great.
But even if it doesn't, I think it would be valuable to keep the group
"up" rather than delete it.

Kriosa

Pax

Aug 12, 2009, 11:37:56 AM8/12/09
to Polytheist Charity
Brandon,

I have my own plate rather full right now, but with your permission
I'd like to publicize you quest for a successor to both my blog, and
to the Pagan Community Builders Group on Yahoo?

Peace,
Pax
pyrobear...@gmail.com
http://chrysalis1witchesjourney.wordpress.com/
Witchery ="witch*er*y/ n. 1 witchcraft. 2. power exercised by beauty
or eloquence or the like. ~Oxford American Dictionary of Current
English New American Edition (2000)"

Pagan Community Builders List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pagancommunitybuilders/

Sapphire

Aug 17, 2009, 10:53:22 PM8/17/09
to Polytheist Charity
Hi, Brandon

What direction would you like to see the Polytheist Charity Group go
in? Are you and your group going to be keeping the Charity as a
practice alive as a separate entity? Basically, what would you like
to see happen? It'll be easier to help you keep things going if you
have a vision of what you would like to see.

Sapphire

Brandon

Aug 18, 2009, 2:16:22 PM8/18/09
to polytheist charity
I'm certainly keeping the charity alive in my own life practice, and as far as others I can't say as it has always been very individual.

As far as vision and direction...  Hmm...  Well, the thing I would like to see is some sort of lively community interaction.  Thus far I have done my best to provide an appealing foundation and stir up opportunities for discussion and contribution, but so far it has mostly been me talking into the silence, with a few exceptions that I greatly appreciated.  A lot of people are here just to keep tabs, and that is fine because that's the way it goes when a group is small.  But I'd like to see the group grow to the point that there are lively discussions and people exchanging ideas and charity projects being proposed and performed.  What the group needs right now I suspect is a leader with both the time and the patience to get through these early stages of growth until the group takes on a life of its own.  Somebody needs to nurse the baby in its crib till its big enough to walk and talk on its own.

Brandon

Date: Mon, Aug 17 2009 7:53 pm
From: Sapphire

Sapphire

Aug 18, 2009, 2:29:34 PM8/18/09
to polythei...@googlegroups.com
From a practical standpoint, I'm guessing that the charity is not a 501c organization with the associated paperwork that would need to be dealt with?

I've got a mental rolodex of people to talk to so I'm asking the stuff they will undoubtedly ask :)

Sapphire