Heifer International on Oprah on October 1st

Brandon

Sep 30, 2009, 9:00:16 AM9/30/09
to polytheist charity
Heifer International will be featured on Oprah on October 1st.  See below for the forwarded message from Heifer.  By the way, if I'm not mistaken, Nicholas Kristof (mentioned below) is the NY Times columnist instrumental in getting out Brian Steidle's story of the horrors in Darfur, as featured in the documentary The Devil Came On Horseback.

Brandon in Minnesota

Don't miss "The Oprah Winfrey Show" this Thursday, October 1, as Oprah delivers a call to action for all women. Inspired by The New York Times best-selling book "Half the Sky" by Pulitzer Prize winners Nicholas Kristof and his wife, Sheryl WuDunn, this eye-opening hour reveals powerful stories of women overcoming adversity to realize a better life for themselves.

Oprah herself calls Tererai Trent's story "the most incredible story of manifesting a dream I have ever heard." In conjunction with the show, Oprah will launch a new registry online, where Heifer International will be featured.

We share Oprah's enthusiasm about this wonderful story - in fact, it's one of our favorites, as well. As supporters of Heifer's work, please share it with your friends and family too! We've made it easy with this one-step tool that lets you post to your online communities at Facebook, LinkedIn, and others, or send to your entire contact list on Yahoo, AOL, Gmail and more.

Heifer's work is a central part of a movement to provide resources and opportunity to women. Supported by more than 65 years of experience, our model proves that dreams can come true. Well, we don't want to give too much away, so don't forget to watch!

This chance to share our mission and message is exciting, as are the stories we share with you each month. We wanted to make sure to share our latest newsletter stories below, spotlighting Heifer’s work with fleece-producing animals and an opportunity to have your gift matched by a generous donor.

Yours for a Better World,

Ashley Michael, Heifer International
Ashley Michael
Heifer International