Uberman Sleep Long term

Nathaniel Jacobs

Feb 12, 2020, 4:29:11 PM2/12/20
to Polyphasic Sleep
What is the longest known time anybody has been on Uberman? In theory Gaining a decade of life by the time I'm 60 or something like that (and all that waking time itself being more productive than on monophasic waking time too so double advantage) BUT
what is the point if it kills me in practice by the time I am 35 or 40?

Jazi Zilber

Feb 12, 2020, 5:11:28 PM2/12/20
to polyp...@googlegroups.com
rarely do people sustain those sleep schedules.

some say it's just laziness / new relationship-job-children / etc

some say that this is proof it's a fantasy.

but not many report years of sustaining those. and it might well be beyond the health aspect

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 22:29 Nathaniel Jacobs, <nathanie...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the longest known time anybody has been on Uberman? In theory Gaining a decade of life by the time I'm 60 or something like that (and all that waking time itself being more productive than on monophasic waking time too so double advantage)  BUT
what is the point if it kills me in practice by the time I am 35 or 40?

Wout Mertens

Feb 13, 2020, 12:05:36 AM2/13/20
to polyphasic
I tried a 3-hour core for a while but I never felt fully rested except right after a nap. 4.5 didn't really make a huge difference, now I just do normal sleep, 6-6.5 hours mostly and nap if I feel tired.

Learning polyphasic sleep did make me sleep better though, so overall it's a win.

Wout.

On Wed., Feb. 12, 2020, 10:29 p.m. Nathaniel Jacobs <nathanie...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the longest known time anybody has been on Uberman? In theory Gaining a decade of life by the time I'm 60 or something like that (and all that waking time itself being more productive than on monophasic waking time too so double advantage)  BUT
what is the point if it kills me in practice by the time I am 35 or 40?

Morgan Engel

Feb 13, 2020, 1:55:22 PM2/13/20
to Polyphasic Sleep
I did Ubermann fairly religiously, with some occasional slips into everyman for a little less than 9 months. Since then I've done 1-2 month stints here and there, though have found acclimation to everyman much much easier when it's necessary to slip in/out of social contexts.