Re: Muscle growth and repair only happens during sleep.

Message has been deleted

Babbo

Feb 27, 2018, 10:00:58 AM2/27/18
to Polyphasic Sleep
Hi Nahom,

Sorry, I can't provide you with any specifics or studies. I think I remember though from when I was actively experimenting with polyphasic sleeping a couple of years ago that it was agreed that physical work (or exercises) is definitely something that requires resting for a longer time. Also from my own experiences, I suggest to go for a core of at least 3 hours + naps. Uberman is IMHO more something of a personal challenge (which is a cool experience all the same) than a lifestyle.

Apart from this, I think this group seems to be in quite a core nap for some time now. So maybe you check out puredoxyk's resource links here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!topic/polyphasic/6Go2vJa27vU

Regards

Tobias

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 1:53:25 PM UTC+1, Nahom Yemane wrote:
I think it's a unanimous belief that you need at least 1 core sleep in order to do heavy excercise in my case 1 hour lifting workouts at the gym for 3-4 days a week. So uberman's out of the question so I'm deciding to do Everyman 3 for 4 hours sleep.

I think it was Michael Turner who said this on some topic but it was mentioned that there were scientific studies refuting whether it was true that
Muscle growth and repair only happens during sleep.
Do you have links to these studies please?

Cheers,

Nahom

Wout Mertens

Feb 27, 2018, 3:42:23 PM2/27/18
to polyp...@googlegroups.com
Just to add, it has been shown that during sleep the brain matter actually shrinks, allowing better flow of fluids, presumably for housekeeping. So core sleep would be useful for that too.

Message has been deleted

Morgan Engel

Feb 28, 2018, 9:40:26 AM2/28/18
to Polyphasic Sleep
As someone who did uberman for 9 months and did decent weightlifting all the while, I can personally claim this is not true. I did need time to rest, but core sleep wasn't required.
Message has been deleted

Maia Dealan-de

Feb 28, 2018, 6:39:32 PM2/28/18
to polyp...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I keep getting these group updates in my email inbox, but the polyphasic sleep group is something my ex-husband used this email account to sign up to several years ago, but which isn't actually relevant to me. I've tried following the unsubscribe instructions several times with no luck... is there any way you can help me remove myself from the group? The email address I'd like to unsubscribe is: mcd.sto...@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help!

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Nahom Yemane <nahomye...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:40:26 PM UTC, Morgan Engel wrote:
As someone who did uberman for 9 months and did decent weightlifting all the while, I can personally claim this is not true. I did need time to rest, but core sleep wasn't required.

Hi Morgan, Thanks for the reply. Is it ok if you tell us how many hours a week you lifted to get a quantative comparison? I seem to remember people saying it would be ok to do a bit of workout with Uberman- just not intensive like the way I plan which 60-90 mins for 3 -4 days a week. Were your workouts similar?

Herman Proosa

Feb 28, 2018, 6:58:44 PM2/28/18
to polyp...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Just send it directly to spam. Use gmail filters (you could block every email which includes the word "polyphasic").

An easy tutorial (just skip to actual steps; method two, but use keywords option)

GL!
Message has been deleted