What happened with Polymer Docs

rrang...@hisy.in

Oct 10, 2017, 1:41:21 PM10/10/17
to Polymer
Hey Polymer Community,

Wanted to thank Polymer community for building this!!!

Polymer and web-components are just cool, this simply is the future of web. Thank you for bringing this fabulous framework.

I have a question like, what happened with the "https://www.polymer-project.org/docs" this was a real helpful document since it included all elements and their attributes explained in detail.

Since I'm new to web-development it would have been easy to understand the attributes of each element. I understand it was build on Polymer Version 1.0, is there a similar document for 2.0.

If not, is there a page were I can understand all polymer elements in detail. I did my searches but couldn't find any as helpful as the previous one, so had to post in the community.

Regards,
Raghu

Mark

Oct 10, 2017, 1:45:33 PM10/10/17
to Polymer

Karl Tiedt

Oct 10, 2017, 1:47:15 PM10/10/17
to rrang...@hisy.in, Polymer
Links sometimes get broken.. have you tried to visit the website? It clearly has a docs section with helpful resources and links like this one: https://www.polymer-project.org/2.0/docs/api/

For component specific APIs those are now on webcomponents.org here: https://www.webcomponents.org/author/PolymerElements

All was clearly communicated months and months ago when 2.0 was released ;)

-Karl Tiedt

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/83083180-4729-47df-9489-5cc68d388ca6%40googlegroups.com.

rrang...@hisy.in

Oct 10, 2017, 1:55:26 PM10/10/17
to Polymer
Ohhh... That was quick

Thank you, Mark & Karl for the swift response!

Apologies for not giving you the complete URL. So below is the full URL.

https://www.polymer-project.org/docs/elements/core-elements.html

I cam across this URL on this Video [0.48 Sec], I remember even visiting this site couple of weeks back but now it's been removed. Information on "https://www.polymer-project.org/2.0/docs/api/" is cool, but the other document was very helpful for a beginner like me.

Hope there is such document out there!!

Regards,
Raghu

Karl Tiedt

Arthur Evans

Oct 17, 2017, 4:55:09 PM10/17/17
to rrang...@hisy.in, Polymer
If you're looking for element docs, you'll find them over on webcomponents.org now, which is a community catalog that includes web components written by the Polymer team, as well as components written by other people.

Specifically, the replacement for the core elements was basically the iron-elements set: https://www.webcomponents.org/collection/PolymerElements/iron-elements ... You can find all of the elements published by the team here: https://www.webcomponents.org/author/PolymerElements

www.polymer-project.org hosts docs for the Polymer Library and the Polymer App Toolbox (a collection of elements and tools for building progressive web apps).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Arthur

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.

rrang...@hisy.in

Oct 18, 2017, 1:36:33 AM10/18/17
to Polymer
Thanks a lot for the help, Arthur!

The webcomponents.org is a very helpful resource. It's now on me to learn Polymer and build a PWA.

Regards,
Raghu