Online Vulcanizer and a CDN

jerzyg...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2014, 12:24:54 PM11/29/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am making a simple web app using Polymer elements, but I don't want to mess with Git, Node, NPM, Bower and download all dependencies. Instead, I would like to develop my app using an online IDE and include all the Polymer elements just like I include JS scripts - from a CDN. However, requesting many HTML Imports from a CDN can hurt performance, so I am proposing an online Vulcanize service, which would concatenate, compress and cache multiple Polymer elements at once. So instead of writing e.g.:

<link rel="import" href="http://example.cdn/polymer/polymer.html">
<link rel="import" href="http://example.cdn/core-ajax/core-ajax.html">

I could make a single request, e.g.:

<link rel="import" href="http://example.cdn/vulcanize?polymer,core-ajax,core-icons">

Would it happen?

Thanks,
Jerzy

Rob Dodson

Dec 4, 2014, 8:38:44 PM12/4/14
to jerzyg...@gmail.com, polymer-dev
I don't think it's something the Polymer team will be able to work on in the near future. Having said that, it could be a cool open source project if anyone wants to undertake it.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/f89ad89e-d3a3-400b-a563-d73e1992218b%40googlegroups.com.

Jerzy Głowacki

Dec 5, 2014, 11:21:05 AM12/5/14
to Rob Dodson, polymer-dev
Thanks for the reply. If this Vulcanizer web service was built, do you know any fast CDN which would host it for free?

Rob Dodson

Dec 5, 2014, 1:57:56 PM12/5/14
to Jerzy Głowacki, polymer-dev
Maybe http://www.fastly.com/ ?  But I don't know for sure. I'm not personally familiar with any of the folks who run CDNs