Polymer 1.0 Layout system

Marcus Vinicius

Jun 3, 2015, 10:27:05 PM6/3/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
I've read the migration guide Polymer 0.5 to 1.0 and still can not understand the operation of the rail system (flex).However it has no documentation, only the element "iron-layout-flex." All indications are that now instead of attributes we must work with the classes ".layout", ".horizontal", ".vertical"? It is very confusing that. Does anyone know how? Does anyone have any tutorial on the web?

Vartan Simonian

Jun 3, 2015, 10:53:25 PM6/3/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com

I know of this compilation of the different iron-flex-layout classes on Plunker: http://plnkr.co/edit/xIARqr?p=preview

Kasper Peulen, a community member who is active on the Polymer Slack chatroom, was the one who put it together, so all credit goes his way.

As far as I know personally, I don’t know if there is an official demo like this. The documentation page for iron-flex-layout is currently empty.

dan.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2015, 11:03:59 PM6/3/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com

Robert Simon

Jun 4, 2015, 5:24:58 AM6/4/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com
I just openened iron-flex-layout.html and figured most of them easily from these mixins.
But still, as soon as breakpoints are involved, you dont want static flex classes, but use these mixins from that file

Message has been deleted

mma...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2015, 4:12:33 PM7/17/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com, mma...@gmail.com
I was able to get iron-flex-layout working like the example.

If you import
<link rel="import" href="bower_components/iron-flex-layout/classes/iron-flex-layout.html">
instead of
<link rel="import" href="bower_components/iron-flex-layout/iron-flex-layout.html">

You can use classes like in the http://plnkr.co/edit/xIARqr?p=preview example.