Travis CI - Roadmap update and new pricing

Travis CI

Sep 30, 2020, 8:01:32 PM9/30/20
to polym...@googlegroups.com

Hi there!

We’d like to take the opportunity to thank you for being a continued Travis CI customer - you’re in great company, with thousands of organizations worldwide such as Ruby on Rails, Twitter and Arm, who trust Travis CI to build, test and deploy quality code. We’re also still a huge supporter of open-source teams, with many projects such as OpenSSL, Apache HTTP Server Project and others that form the backbone of the modern web relying on Travis CI.

It’s been a big year for us so far, and we’re on a trajectory for next year to be even bigger - here are some of the headlines of what we’ve been working on, plus a peek at what we’ve got planned:

  • For our Enterprise customers like you, we have been working on a new pricing model that will better connect your usage with the price you pay each month.  Starting in November 2020 we will be moving from concurrent job pricing to a metered based billing that will allow you to buy credits instead. These credits will be used to run your builds which will be metered on a per-minute basis, meaning you will only be charged for what you use. Unused credits will carry over month to month allowing much more flexibility in how you choose to build compared to the current system. We will have more details to share with you on exactly how this will work in the coming weeks.
  • Travis CI now supports AWS Graviton2, providing build times of up to 3 times faster and support for LXD and VM virtualization!
  • We continue to offer more options for connecting your repositories from a range of cloud platforms, including GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab and Assembla
  • We’ve been making huge changes to how Travis CI works under the hood, with a focus on increasing stability and performance
  • We’re adding more platform support and updates, with enhanced Windows support on the horizon and regular updates to Linux and Mac build environments

There’s a lot happening across the globe right now, and we’re proud to count you as one of our customers. We’re always ready to receive feedback on how you and your team are using Travis CI, what challenges you face and how we can improve - feel free to reach out to us at con...@travis-ci.com

Sincerely,

The Travis CI Team

Travis CI

Rigaer Straße 8, Berlin, 10247