Polymer to Lit migration clarification for Enterprise Web App

CareVoyant Inc

Jan 11, 2022, 3:47:20 PM1/11/22
to Polymer
Hi,

We have a huge Healthcare application that was in client server and 50% of it is converted to Web with Polymer 2.0. Before converting remaining application to web, we have a following dilemma.

Option 1. Do we just upgrade to polymer 3.0 and continue with rest of the conversion to Web and add Lit components on needed basis
or
Option 2: Convert current web application that is in polymer 2.0  to Lit and then convert rest of legacy client server to application to Web  using Lit

Our preference is option 1 but questions are raised about current polymer based web components not being supported in future browser updates.

Any insight or clarification will be really appreciated.

Current Web application has about 60 web components and 300 pages.

Thanks.
-Senthil

Alexander Marks

Jan 11, 2022, 4:30:28 PM1/11/22
to CareVoyant Inc, Polymer
Hello! Unfortunately this list is rarely monitored. The best places to ask questions are either GitHub Discussions on the Lit repo at https://github.com/lit/lit/discussions, or in the Lit & Friends Slack channel at https://lit.dev/slack-invite/. I would highly recommend posting this question in one of those places.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/d6983295-f515-42ce-bd7a-98350e0da3e9n%40googlegroups.com.