AFM 2019 in focus Newsletter N°1: Have a safe ride with us

FilmFestivals.com

Oct 28, 2019, 8:07:32 PM10/28/19
to polym...@googlegroups.com

IMG_8946.JPG
Follow the action at afm, on the social networks and filmfestivals.com.
color-twitter-48.png
color-facebook-48.png
color-link-48.png
color-forwardtofriend-48.png
color-instagram-48.png
color-youtube-48.png
color-vimeo-48.png
color-linkedin-48.png

Filmfestivals.com was established in 1995, over the years we became the premier link between film and festivals with 6.000 festivals listed, over 14 000 festival organizers contacts in our database,  90.000 articles. 199 000 Industry subscribers and 930 000 unique visitors per year.
IMG_9011.JPG
A graduate of USC Business School, Jonathan Wolf has held an illustrious career in finance and business within the film industry. He joined IFTA in 1993 as Senior Vice President of Business and has been Managing Director of the AFM since 1998.Bruno Chatelin met with Jonathan Wolf at the Loews during the 2018 AFM to get his opinion on the climate of the current marketplace. Here is what he had to say. What kind of advice can you give first timers, and why and how should they come to the AFM... ...

AFM-2019-Poster.jpeg

FILMFESTIVALS.COM COVERS THE MARKET with Vanesa McMahon, Bruno Chatelin and Guy Kennedy

9722bcea-b3f4-4438-9a0e-2bfef02b4e87.jpg
AFM 2019 runs November 6 - 13 We would like to contribute to your success in AFM Can we help? Promote your line up to media, buyers and attendees. Boost your screenings' attendance. Shoot interviews or video capture of your...

AFM-2019-Poster.jpeg
50 FILM COMMISSIONS, PRODUCTION SERVICES & FACILITIES SET FOR LOCATIONEXPO® AT AFM® NOVEMBER 9-12 11 Countries Host Market Umbrella Stands LocationEXPO® returns to the American Film Market, November 9 – 12, with 50 Film Commissions, Government Agencies, Production Facilities and Services from around the globe confirmed to participate.  Located in dedicated exhibition space within the AFM, LocationEXPO has become a tremendous resource for AFM attendees to le...

Conferences-Home-1024x681.jpg
The Largest Motion Picture Conference AFM’s Conferences, Roundtables, Workshops and Presentations will guide you in taking your film from concept to screen while navigating the rapidly evolving industry. Topics cover every aspect of film – pitch, finance, production, marketing and distribution. Hear from Effie Brown, Duly Noted; Floris Bauer, Gunpowder & Sky; Cassian Elwes, Elevated Film Sales; Mark Gooder, Cornerstone Films; Vanessa Saal, Protagonist Pictures; Tony Vassili...

The American Film Market (AFM®) will mark its 40th edition November 6 - 13 with its most expansive programming to date.  New to the lineup is a half-day Television Conference and a session centered on AVOD (Ad Supported Video On Demand).    AFM’s more than 50 panels, roundtables and presentations will showcase international industry experts, decision makers, and academics across three stages, alongside the AFM’s industry screenings and marketplace.   Ted S...

EmailHdrRound3_599x200px2.jpg
One Week Can Change Everything What you know and who you know – both are key to your success in filmmaking. The American Film Market combines both – the knowledge to take your film from concept to screen and the people who can help you achieve your goals. D...

IMG_9025.JPG
The Venice Stage presents unique opportunities to connect and learn in an intimate setting. Access with any AFM badge until full. Due to limited space, tickets are not available. To explore hosting a session on the Venice Stage, see Speaking Opportunities. Future of Film Rights and Content Management Saturday, November 9     |     10:00am – 11:30am ...

IMG_8828.JPG
The Palisades Stage hosts discussions that explore specialized topics and timely issues, and presentations from industry experts. Access with any AFM badge until full. Due to limited space, tickets are not available. Orientation Wednesday, November 6     |     3:00pm – 4:30pm     |    Palisades Stage, Loews Hotel Learn how the market works and the best way to connect with the AFM’s 400+ productio...

wb.jpg
Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker Saturday, November 9     |     2:30pm – 6:00pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel The Immersive Summit will dive into the stages of producing immersive content from pre-production and finance to production, post-production, brand partnerships and other distribution models. The Summit will host 400-500 filmmakers, producers, innovators, technologists, buyers, studio executi...

IMG_9140.JPG
Writers Workshop Sunday, November 10     |     2:30pm – 6:00pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel You Had Me at Page One Make the reader love you on the first page! Learn writing techniques that help your script hit the ground running. Through examples from your favorite scripts, we take a hard look at word choice, scene direction, dialogue approach, and the nuances of the page. Instructor Pilar Alessandra, Author/Consultan...

IMG_9020.JPG
AFM Conferences offer attendees knowledge, insight, access and a rare opportunity to hear from the industry’s global thought leaders, decision makers and experts. Access with a Qualifying Badge or ticket. Finance Conference I Friday, November 8     |     9:15am – 12:45pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel The Future of Global Film Finance Leading CEOs, filmmaker...

Domestic-Theatrical-release-status-of-American-independent-movies-shot-in-2017-1024x565.png
written by Stephen Fellows and Bruce Nash.   FIRST PUBLISHED ON AFM'S WEBSITE For many independent filmmakers, whether or not their film reaches the big screen means everything. No matter the money to be made via television deals or the massive audiences possible with VOD, a theatrical release is where it’s at. Therefore, we thought it would be helpful to look at how many films actually make it to theaters. We built a dataset of all Uni...

AFMBanner300x250_AccessMstrd.gif
To help you get ready for the 2019 American Film Market, we are posting a research article every few weeks on a topic that is important to producers, filmmakers and industry professionals. Today’s post is:   We usually equate length of time in a position with level of skill. But is this true for Producers? Does the number of films a producer has made indicate how likely it is that their next project will succeed? To find out, we looked at the performance of 2,911 narrative f...
IS-AFM_630.jpg
The immersive market is at a standstill. There’s been limited progress on the hardware side and market demand continues to be a challenge. So if you’re a storyteller, producer, financier or distributor in this space, where do you go from here? Do you wait until companies such as Magic Leap, Sony and Facebook finally release devices that are truly consumer-ready? If so, how do you stay afloat? Are there underlying opportunities to pivot to? And as a community, is there a way to rall...

EmailHdrRound3_599x200px2.jpg
  What you know and who you know — both are key to your success in filmmaking. The American Film Market combines both — the knowledge to take your film from concept to screen and the people who can help you achieve your goals. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to build your conne...

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Meryl-Streep-Samuel-L.-Jackson-Halle-Berry-Tom-Hanks-Emma-Stone.jpg
Casting a star significantly increases the chance of having a theatrical release. No surprise there. But the benefits vary a lot by genre so we analyzed 1,000 films produced in 2017 and their top-billed cast. Read the complete article, courtesy AFM: AmericanFilmMarket.com/do-you-need-a-star-to-get-your-movie-into-theaters/.   What you know and who you know are key to success in filmmaking. AFM combines both — the knowledge to take a film from concept to screen and the peo...

New Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker Set for November 9 New XR Space to Showcase AR/VR/MR Content and Technology to Market’s Global Attendees Los Angeles, CA – June 26, 2019 – The American Film Market (AFM®) announced today the addition of programming and dedicated exhibition space to spotlight immersive content and technology for the 2019 market.  AFM will celebrate its 40th edition November 6-13 in Santa Monica, CA. For the AFM’s ex...

Newsletter_DC-Capitol-Day.jpg
  The Senate Finance Committee has formed Task Forces of members and staff to actively examine several expiring/expired tax provisions, including the expensing of qualified film and television productions under Section 181 that expired at the end of 2017, in an effort to find solutions that would provide long-term certainty for taxpayers. Section 181 allows producers to elect to begin depreciation of qualified production expenses (up to $15 million and in certain circumstances up to ...

Newsletter_DC-Capitol-Night.jpg
  IFTA joined this summer CreativeFuture, the MPAA, and SAG-AFTRA in comments to the U.S. Department of Commerce on ways in which the U.S. government can help combat digital piracy which in the U.S. alone is estimated to cost between $30-$70 billion annually, between 230,000 and 560,000 jobs, and between $45-115 billion in GDP, as well as threatening consumers and our nation's cybersecurity with exposure to dangerous malware. In the submission, the groups identified the following...

BUMPER LINE UP FILM NEWS AND EVENTS DURING AFM
9722bcea-b3f4-4438-9a0e-2bfef02b4e87.jpg
AFM 2019 runs November 6 - 13 We would like to contribute to your success in AFM Can we help? Promote your line up to media, buyers and attendees. Boost your screenings' attendance. Shoot interviews or video capture of your...

Rachel%20W%201%20%281%29.jpg
Academy Award-winner Rachel Weisz (The Favourite, The Constant Gardener) is set to star in See-Saw Films’ A Special Relationship, the feature film exploring Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor’s journey from actress to activist through the lens of her friendship with her assistant Roger Wall. Based on the screenplay written by Academy Award-winner Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire, 127 Hours), the upcoming production will be helmed by fast emerging female director du...

21354759-0260-431f-8e91-9b128fa7570b.jpg
After four years working as a sales agent Leslie Semichon joins the Orange International Sales team starting at the AFM. She will cover Eastern Europe, Greece, Portugal, Turkey, Israel, South Korea, South East Asia, Taiwan, India, Latin America and the airlines.              ...

5d6f80a254f05216c1633b2f.jpg
LUCIUS France- 2019 - 100 min. - drama - French English subtitles   Director: Franchin Don Cast: Gérard Darmon, Josiane Balasko, Vincent Winterhalter, Victor Belmondo   Lucius Marnant is a retiree who feels that his life is three quarters behind him. Returning from a funeral, Lucius meets Lahire a young man who proposes to improve his meager daily by participating in illegal clashes between old people. Very soon Luci...

0cd56a37-e831-416a-9278-8d7430a500cd.jpg
Animation | December 26th, 2019 Completed  Professor Eugenius finds both his career and secret friendship with the Fixies in danger when his college sweetheart, Erica, threatens to reveal that Eugenius only beat her out of the University’s Grand Prize in 3D Printing because Fixies were secretly helping him. Erica challenges Eugenius to a rematch to show the world who the better inventor really is! Eugenius will employ his Fixie friends while Erica has...

d3be304e-8900-47f9-ad53-fbe2dad96249.png
House of Film AFM Office: Room 604 Loews Hotel ALONE WITH HER DREAMS OLIVER STONE calls it a new Italian Classic from the heart   Filmed on the rugged and stunningly beautiful Mediterranean (Sicilian) coast, ALONE WITH HER DREAMS explores the universally timely themes of family separation because of emigration, generational conflicts and feminine repression, continuing the traditions of the Italian neorealist masters; Rossellini, Visconti, Olmi and De Sica. Set in the late 19...

image.jpg
  A fun family action adventure film based on a true legend of Jesse James hidden treasure that locked picture this week! Fairway booth:  LOEWS #503. Synopsis - A backwoods team of Missouri kids race to solve a 100 year old mystery and save their friends in this family friendly action adventure. Chased deep into ancient caves, they must escape treasure hunters hot in their trail or be lost forever.  “Goonies” meets “Indiana Jones”! Directed by...

c317b981-a810-4ac4-87c0-f314b408932a.png
  POST-PRODUCTION   HOME BY FRANKA POTENTE ...

db07d07f-6a43-4977-8310-9bdb1d3c9215.png
    It would be a real pleasure to meet with you to show you our line-up of all star feature documentaries like BEHIND THE WHITE GLASSES about Oscar winning Lina Wertmuller, the BOTERO movie and HUMBERTO MAURO about the grand master of Latin American cinema as well as our theatrical f...

a7c0f397-56cd-4a5f-9864-f3009aa1fb8c.png
Magnolia Pictures International is looking forward to seeing you at AFM! Please find our line-up below.  Attending AFM: Lorna Lee Torres - Head of International Sales Marie Zeniter - International Sales Manager Nov 6 - Nov 12, 2019 Loews Santa Monica - Office 547   ...

israel%20fest.jpg
FESTIVAL RUNS NOVEMBER 12th – 26th  THE 33rd ISRAEL FILM FESTIVAL in Los Angeles, taking place November 12th – 26th, will present the U.S. Premiere of Incitement at its Opening Night Gala.   Incitement is the winner of the Ophir Award for Israel’s Best Feature Film of 2019 and Israel’s Official Selection to the 2019 Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film. The Gala on November 12th at the Steve Tisch Cinema Center at the Saban Theatre in Beverly H...

user
Awkwafina, Sterling K. Brown, Jon Hamm, Kerry Washington and Alfre Woodward Among “Indie Contenders” to Be Spotlighted    The American Film Institute (AFI) announced today the program for the inaugural AFI Summit that will take place at AFI FEST 2019 presented by Audi. The lineup includes a conversation with producer, director, actress and activist Eva Longoria and founder of the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative Dr. Stacy Smithto discuss the latest findings fr...

foxstar-logo.jpg
Fox Star Studios was launched in India in 2008 with a vision to make quality cinema. It is part of the Star TV group, Asia’s leading media and entertainment company. Since inception, we have worked with India’s biggest talent to produce critically acclaimed films that are appreciated across the world. This year we have had extremely successful films across varied genres: An out an out comedy 'Total Dhamaal', a film based on India’s maiden mission to Mars 'Mission ...

3c762f67-2162-4c37-95dd-752f13d7f9a9.jpg
Introducing more than 100 titles from Mongolia and Uzbekistan.                                      ...

0f1f2bbc-94e6-489f-b16f-c1e303701bcf.jpg
          Memento Films International is pleased to share its new line-up         ...

f2b82f5c-a8ca-4d26-9b44-8af04ae34df7.jpg
AFM LINEUP 2019   ...

prototype_1.jpg
FANTASTIC FILMS INTERNATIONAL invites you to email us for a meeting at AFM.  Let us know your preferred date and time (November 6 - 11), so we can introduce you to our Fantastic NEW titles. We are introducing a number of exciting, new titles, soon to be announced, that include new theatrical animation and other talent driven theatricals which will be the first titles to be funded by one of our newly established film funds. Our NEW AFM location is: LOEWS HOTEL, booth #ARCA-11, Ar...

IFFR%20UNLEASHED%20.jpg
MinersINC all set to bring critically acclaimed International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) titles to India on myNK™ VoD (Video on Demand)   IFFR’s web streaming service IFFR Unleashed to be relayed on myNK app as pilot collaboration to showcase cutting-edge world cinema screened at IFFR   MinersINC, a blockchain-powered decentralized P2P (Peer-to-Peer) digital content distribution platform, today inked a pilot deal with globally renowned International Film Festival Ro...

4823d915-6a04-4448-a518-3104a7f99b26.gif
  Tagline: A Harvest for Evil   Synopsis: After being thrown out of his home by his wife for being promiscuous, Mark finds himself back at Dumpling Farm, a place of youthful memories and parties, but things aren't quite right. His old buddy Ian, who has never left the place, is possessed by a group demonic, flesh eating witches.   Runtime: 79 Genre: Horror/Thriller Rating: MA     &nb...

hard-night-falling-600x804.png
HARD NIGHT FALLING     Click here for trailer!​  SYNOPSIS: A criminal mastermind, has come up with a plot to steal a fortune from the Rossini family villa during a party hosted by them. Unbeknownst to him and his crew, one of Rossini’s guests is a highly trained foreign operative who will fight to the death to save the hostages and his family. CAST: Dolph Lundgre...

83b29c25-4c5a-44d1-948a-899feba2b38c.jpg
OUR LATEST TITLES, AVAILABLE TO PRE-BUY NOW. CONTACT OUR TEAM FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO BOOK A MEETING.  ADDITIONAL TITLES TO BE ANNOUNCED         ...

PP_logo_3d_black_lores.png
Greetings from Prolific!   The Los Angeles chill is creeping into the evening hours. Did you know Los Angeles gets chilly? Turns out we live in a desert. Go figure. We freeze when the sun goes down in October. "Freeze" is a (freezing) writer's embellishment. It is currently 2am 62F(17C).   So no, it is not literally freezing. But when it is 90F(32C) at noon, it feels like it's freezing! And if you've been to AFM before, you know there is a reason for the fir...

870f72d9-95c7-4186-8013-a7b16cac28f5.png
        MEET WITH US 6th - 13th November Room 745, Loews Hotel (located on the ...

2019-10-09_16-06-33.jpg
Dev DD In this modern-day take on Devdas, Devika is anything but your typical girl-next-door. With masaledaar drama, heartbreak, and unpredictable romantic twists, you’ve never met a girl like Devika DD!  Will she ever find true love? Watch her saga of love, lust, betrayal, and everything in between to find out!   READ MORE     The Pilgrim - Paulo Coel...

Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Deadwood_DVD.jpg
  Breaking Glass Pictures will be attending this years AFM and wants to present you our Fall 2019 lineup consisting of Supernatural, Horror, Western, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Documentary, Arthouse, Creature Feature, in addition to our library titles. We are announcing an updated lineup October 28 and would like to discuss our new titles with you at AFM. AFM Booth Location  Loews Hotel - 8th Floor - Room: ESCONDIDO - Table #83 www.bgpics.com   ...

c6231070-7ea9-42a8-a7d0-ad08684a0e20.png
There has been a significant investment into the Company that is leading to a major increase in activity in all areas of the business.  I will be working with my colleague, Mitch Clare, on the sales side. Production will be a big focus too and this will be headed up by Parkland’s owner and experienced independent producer, John Cairns.  Parkland&...

DOOMSDAY_2020_KEYART%202.jpg
Summer Hill has several hot science-fiction films available for international distribution.  These are available for select territories.  Please contact us for more info and visit our website at www.summerhillfilms.com!   NORTH AMERICA SOLD: 2020 Doomsday shadows a tightly knit cult hiding in a remote desert enclave as they prepare for the impending apocalypse. Two dissenters try to escape the threat of extinction - which becomes ever more real through the vast deser...

b4af61fd-165c-4165-af20-ad9119bcd17f.jpg
BKS becomes the official representative for all content acquisition and programming for KinoPop.com. KinoPop is a new SVOD platform that will launch this September in Brazil. Apply your content now at acqui...@kinopop.com     GET TO KNOW BKS SERVICES     ...

jf-wed-photo5_1.jpg
Two new consulting divisions, Film Festival Consulting and Filmmaker Consulting, have recently launched under the Cause Pictures umbrella, led by film festival veteran Jon Fitzgerald.  The festival expert has directed many film festivals, including Slamdance, AFI, Santa Barbara, Abu Dhabi, Hollywood and Naples. Fitzgerald co-founded Slamdance in 1995 and was the Executive Director there before becoming the Festival Director in 1997 for the American Film Institute (AFI), in Los Angel...

vcsPRAsset_3617725_128701_4fa9b190-f97f-40f2-b7b1-1b7c0abc6c1f_0.jpg
      Festival to Honor THE CROWN Creator Peter Morgan With A Tribute To His Career   Season Three Award-Winning Cast to Also Appear    October 17, 2019, Los Angeles, CA — Today, the American Film Institute (AFI) announced that AFI FEST 2019 presented by Audi will host An Evening With Peter Morgan which will include a conversation with Academy Award®-nominated, Emmy Award®-nominated and Golden Globe®-winning writer and producer in tribute ...

Palatin%20Logo%20gross.jpg
Palatin Media and Mediawan have announced today a licensee’s deal for the SciFi Event Series SPIDES (8x1h) produced by Palatin Media for the NBCUniversal International Networks, starring Florence Kasumba (AVENGERS, BLACK PANTHER), Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (GAME OF THRONES) and Falk Hentschel (LEGENDS OF TOMORROW).   The agreement provides Mediawan with all rights for SPIDES within French speaking territories after the first window on Pay-TV on Universal.   Set in modern-da...

Hot on the heels of the box-office sensation After winning Best Choice Drama, Choice Drama Movie Actor and Choice Drama Movie Actress at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards, production on the highly anticipated sequel After We Collided has commenced, it was announced today by Anna Todd, international bestselling author of the “After” book series. Roger Kumble (Cruel Intentions) is directing the film, starring returning leads Josephine Langford, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, along with fan-favorite Dy...

The%20Edge%20-%20Noah%20Media%20Group.jpg
 The newly created sales division arm (from  the Noah Group) kicks off with major UK Amazon Prime Video and BBC deals on sports documentary THE EDGE   Noah Media Group, the creators of acclaimed sports documentaries including BOBBY ROBSON: MORE THAN A MANAGER (Netflix) and STEVE McQUEEN: THE MAN & LE MANS (Official Cannes selection, 2015), today announced the launch of their London-based in-house International Sales arm.   Making a significant start to proceedings i...

ST_201-202_Unit_3811_RC20190313-5746-165t8qz.jpg
Netflix has renewed the worldwide hit series Stranger Things for a fourth season and signed series creators and showrunners The Duffer Brothers to a multi-year film and series overall deal.   “The Duffer Brothers have captivated viewers around the world with Stranger Things and we’re thrilled to expand our relationship with them to bring their vivid imaginations to other film and series projects our members will love,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix....

Billy%20Crystal%20by%20Steve%20Schofield.jpg
Billy Crystal by Steve Schofield  Tiffany Haddish by Keith Major  Penn Badgley (“You”), Laura Benanti (“Younger”), Louisa Krause (“Billions”), Anna Deavere Smith (“Black-ish”), and Nyambi Nyambi (“The Good Fight”), are set to join multi Emmy-award Winner and Golden Globe Nominee Billy Crystal and Emmy-award Winner Tiffany Haddish in the hilarious and heart-warming feature film Here Today, it was announced today by Astu...

user
FILMING HAS BEGUN ON THE THUNDER ROAD FILMS AND 30WEST PRODUCTION   Principal photography is underway on VIOLENCE OF ACTION, which Tarik Saleh (The Nile Hilton Incident) is directing from a script by J.P. Davis. Produced by Thunder Road Films and financed by 30WEST, the picture is shooting on location in the U.S, Germany and Romania.   Independent Spirit Award winner Ben Foster (Hell or High Water, Leave No Trace) and Gillian Jacobs (Community, Netflix Original Love) join powerhous...

daniela-elstner-appointed-executive-director-of-unifrance.jpg
    Elstner's nomination was proposed by UniFrance—France's film promotion agency dedicated to supporting the export of French films—and approved unanimously by UniFrance's executive committee on Monday, July 8, 2019.   Born in Germany and a graduate of the Université Paris VII with a master's degree in Modern Literature, UniFrance in 1996. In October 1998 she joined Marg...

Lydia%20Hearst.jpg
The hugely popular Japanese mystery video game Root Letter will get the long-awaited live-action adaptation treatment from Akatsuki Entertainment USA, it was announced today by the company’s president, Annmarie Sairrino Bailey.   The Los Angeles-based entertainment arm of leading Japanese mobile gaming company Akatsuki Inc. is developing, producing, and financing the Kadokawa Games IP to star Danny Ramirez (upcoming Top Gun: Maverick, Assassination Nation), Keana Marie (N...

user
A-List actress Maggie Q (Divergent trilogy, La femme Nikkita) is set to join Sir Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce in the action feature Long Gone Heroes.   The company is handling international rights to the feature written and to be directed by Santiago Manes Moreno.   Long Gone Heroes is an action-packed story of honor and redemption. At the center of the story is Gunner (Pearce), a former elite soldier turned mercenary who is haunted by the murder of two civilians during a mission i...

CWH_Cosmo%20Jarvis_Barry%20Keoghan_Niamh%20Algar_director%20Nick%20Rowland_Photo%20Cred%20Piers%20McGrail.jpg
  Photo Credit: Piers McGrail    Nick Rowland’s (BAFTA nominated short Slap) anticipated crime family thriller Calm With Horses, had its world premiere debut at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival on Sunday, September 8th. The film stars Cosmo Jarvis (Netflix’s “Peaky Blinders,” Lady Macbeth), Barry Keoghan (Marvel’s upcoming The Eternals, HBO’s “Chernobyl,” Dunkirk, The Killing of the Sacred Deer), Niamh Alga...

HOME%20director%20Franka%20Potente_Kathy%20Bates_Jake%20McLaughlin_TIFF19_Photo%20credit%20augenschein%20Filmproduktion%20%20Frank%20Griebe.jpg
German actress Franka Potente, best known for such films as The Bourne Identity, Blow, and Run Lola Run, makes her directorial debut with the feature film, Home.   The redemption drama stars Jake McLaughlin (Savages, ABC’s “Quantico”), Academy Award winner Kathy Bates (Fox’s “American Horror Story”, The Highwaymen, Titanic), and Lil Rel Howery (Brittany Runs A Marathon, Get Out).   Rounding out the cast is rising talent Aisling Franciosi (The N...

Actor Levi Miller (Pan, A Wrinkle In Time) will star in the gripping Australian swim drama Streamline, it was announced today by Arclight Films chairman and CEO, Gary Hamilton. The screenplay was written by Tyson Wade Johnston who will make his feature film directorial debut.   Streamline centers on a 15-year-old swimming prodigy known simply as “Boy” who self-destructs after his long absent father is released from jail.   Production is in discussions with Jason Isaacs ...

White Horse Pictures’ Chairman Nigel Sinclair and President Nicholas Ferrall alongside David Peck, President of Reelin' In The Years Productions, one of the world’s leading archival footage and licensing companies, today announced a far reaching multi-picture partnership to develop and produce documentary feature film and television projects.   Building on a thriving relationship dating back to 2006, the White Horse team, led by Sinclair and Ferrall, and including Head of ...

https___cdn.evbuc_.com_images_73434935_19386670349_1_original.jpg
Cloud21 International (www.cloud21.com) and Kultura PR International (www.kulturapr.com) are pleased to present the second annual "Production Without Borders” special event that will be held on November 11, 2019 at 2 p.m. at the Laemmle Film Center in Santa Monica, CA (1332 2nd St, Santa Monica, CA 90401). The by-invitation-only event will host a panel featuring the top names in the industry, including: “Production Without Borders” Special Event in Santa Monica, CA on ...

800px-Chrispaine.jpg
A graduate from Colgate University, writer and director Chris Paine also studied documentary film at Stanford University. He is most known for his two documentary features 'Revenge of the Electric Car' (2011) and 'Who Killed the Electric Car?' (2006), which premiered at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. Paine also works as a prolific producer. Some of his producing titles include independent documentaries- 'Bikes vs Cars' (2015), 'Faster' (2003) and 'No...

headshot4.preview.jpg
  Bahamanian award-winning director/producer/writer Kareem Mortimer is known for his films Float II (2007), Children of God (2010) and Eleutheran Adventure (2006). His latest film Cargo (2017) about a Bahamanian gambler who turns to Caribbean human trafficking has been traveling to international film festivals and markets for the past year. The Annex handling international sales.  I first met Kareem at the Aruba International Film Festival in 2013 where he screened his film Passage (...

[...]

  IFTA joined this summer CreativeFuture, the MPAA, and SAG-AFTRA in comments to the U.S. Department of Commerce on ways in which the U.S. government can help combat digital piracy which in the U.S. alone is estimated to cost between $30-$70 billion annually, between 230,000 and 560,000 jobs, and between $45-115 billion in GDP, as well as threatening consumers and our nation's cybersecurity with exposure to dangerous malware. In the submission, the groups identified the following...150+ Speakers. 50 Sessions. 3 Stages for the AFM conferences

The Largest Motion Picture Conference AFM’s Conferences, Roundtables, Workshops and Presentations will guide you in taking your film from concept to screen while navigating the rapidly evolving industry. Topics cover every aspect of film – pitch, finance, production, marketing and distribution. Hear from Effie Brown, Duly Noted; Floris Bauer, Gunpowder & Sky; Cassian Elwes, Elevated Film Sales; Mark Gooder, Cornerstone Films; Vanessa Saal, Protagonist Pictures; Tony Vassili...

Paramount Pictures’ Futurist Ted Schilowitz Set as Keynote for AFM’s half-day Immersive Summit

user
The American Film Market (AFM®) will mark its 40th edition November 6 - 13 with its most expansive programming to date.  New to the lineup is a half-day Television Conference and a session centered on AVOD (Ad Supported Video On Demand).    AFM’s more than 50 panels, roundtables and presentations will showcase international industry experts, decision makers, and academics across three stages, alongside the AFM’s industry screenings and marketplace.   Ted S...

Access Hollywood & The Global Film Industry

One Week Can Change Everything What you know and who you know – both are key to your success in filmmaking. The American Film Market combines both – the knowledge to take your film from concept to screen and the people who can help you achieve your goals. D...

2019 AFM The Venice Stage at Loews

The Venice Stage presents unique opportunities to connect and learn in an intimate setting. Access with any AFM badge until full. Due to limited space, tickets are not available. To explore hosting a session on the Venice Stage, see Speaking Opportunities. Future of Film Rights and Content Management Saturday, November 9     |     10:00am – 11:30am ...

2019 AFM Palisades Stage at Loews

The Palisades Stage hosts discussions that explore specialized topics and timely issues, and presentations from industry experts. Access with any AFM badge until full. Due to limited space, tickets are not available. Orientation Wednesday, November 6     |     3:00pm – 4:30pm     |    Palisades Stage, Loews Hotel Learn how the market works and the best way to connect with the AFM’s 400+ productio...

2019 AFM Immersive Summit at Fairmont

Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker Saturday, November 9     |     2:30pm – 6:00pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel The Immersive Summit will dive into the stages of producing immersive content from pre-production and finance to production, post-production, brand partnerships and other distribution models. The Summit will host 400-500 filmmakers, producers, innovators, technologists, buyers, studio executi...

2019 AFM Writers Workshop at Fairmont

Writers Workshop Sunday, November 10     |     2:30pm – 6:00pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel You Had Me at Page One Make the reader love you on the first page! Learn writing techniques that help your script hit the ground running. Through examples from your favorite scripts, we take a hard look at word choice, scene direction, dialogue approach, and the nuances of the page. Instructor Pilar Alessandra, Author/Consultan...

2019 AFM Conferences at Fairmont

AFM Conferences offer attendees knowledge, insight, access and a rare opportunity to hear from the industry’s global thought leaders, decision makers and experts. Access with a Qualifying Badge or ticket. Finance Conference I Friday, November 8     |     9:15am – 12:45pm     |     Starlight Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel The Future of Global Film Finance Leading CEOs, filmmaker...

Only 25% of indie movies get a decent release: AFM releases research on independent films domestic distribution

written by Stephen Fellows and Bruce Nash.   FIRST PUBLISHED ON AFM'S WEBSITE For many independent filmmakers, whether or not their film reaches the big screen means everything. No matter the money to be made via television deals or the massive audiences possible with VOD, a theatrical release is where it’s at. Therefore, we thought it would be helpful to look at how many films actually make it to theaters. We built a dataset of all Uni...

How Valuable Is Experience When Producing Films?

To help you get ready for the 2019 American Film Market, we are posting a research article every few weeks on a topic that is important to producers, filmmakers and industry professionals. Today’s post is:   We usually equate length of time in a position with level of skill. But is this true for Producers? Does the number of films a producer has made indicate how likely it is that their next project will succeed? To find out, we looked at the performance of 2,911 narrative f...

Access Hollywood & The Global Film Industry at AFM 2019

  What you know and who you know — both are key to your success in filmmaking. The American Film Market combines both — the knowledge to take your film from concept to screen and the people who can help you achieve your goals. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to build your conne...

Do You Need A Star To Get A Film Into Theaters?

Casting a star significantly increases the chance of having a theatrical release. No surprise there. But the benefits vary a lot by genre so we analyzed 1,000 films produced in 2017 and their top-billed cast. Read the complete article, courtesy AFM: AmericanFilmMarket.com/do-you-need-a-star-to-get-your-movie-into-theaters/.   What you know and who you know are key to success in filmmaking. AFM combines both — the knowledge to take a film from concept to screen and the peo...

American Film Market® Grows Programming and Exhibition to Spotlight Immersive Technology for its 40th Edition

New Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker Set for November 9 New XR Space to Showcase AR/VR/MR Content and Technology to Market’s Global Attendees Los Angeles, CA – June 26, 2019 – The American Film Market (AFM®) announced today the addition of programming and dedicated exhibition space to spotlight immersive content and technology for the 2019 market.  AFM will celebrate its 40th edition November 6-13 in Santa Monica, CA. For the AFM’s ex...

IFTA Urges Senate Finance Committee to Protect Federal Production Incentives

  The Senate Finance Committee has formed Task Forces of members and staff to actively examine several expiring/expired tax provisions, including the expensing of qualified film and television productions under Section 181 that expired at the end of 2017, in an effort to find solutions that would provide long-term certainty for taxpayers. Section 181 allows producers to elect to begin depreciation of qualified production expenses (up to $15 million and in certain circumstances up to ...

IFTA Joined Industry Groups to Push Back on Piracy

  IFTA joined this summer CreativeFuture, the MPAA, and SAG-AFTRA in comments to the U.S. Department of Commerce on ways in which the U.S. government can help combat digital piracy which in the U.S. alone is estimated to cost between $30-$70 billion annually, between 230,000 and 560,000 jobs, and between $45-115 billion in GDP, as well as threatening consumers and our nation's cybersecurity with exposure to dangerous malware. In the submission, the groups identified the following...

Forward a Message to Someone ce lien