how to use "out of the box" Twitter Bootstrap UI Widgets with polymer

dan.ci...@clearbridge.com.au

Oct 10, 2013, 8:03:03 PM10/10/13
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We have a number of projects built with Dart Web-UI where we use  "out of the box" Twitter Bootstrap UI Widgets (http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/javascript.html).

When we tried to port those applications from Dart Web-UI to polymer.dart we ran into a roadblock because of incompatibility between Twitter Bootstrap UI Widgets and shadow dom.

We believe that lightdom element attribute would help us to transition from Web-UI to polymer.dart. In the future when rich Web Components based UI Widgets will become available we could adopt them.

At the moment lightdom element is not implemented in polymer.dart so we are stuck with Web-UI.

Is there a way  to use "out of the box" Twitter Bootstrap UI Widgets with polymer? Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?

Regards
Dan