Polyglotting in 2009

Dave Hoover

Dec 29, 2008, 9:18:18 AM12/29/08
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
Our calendars for the Wheaton and Chicago polyglot groups are wide
open in 2009, so please speak up if you'd like to suggest topics.
We'd love to hear more about stuff like Clojure, Scala, Shoes or
Glimmer. Or what about some JavaScript, D or Erlang? If you'd like
to give a talk in either location, please speak up, or contact someone
you know who may be interested.

Happy New Year!

Dave Hoover
//obtiva: Agility applied. Software delivered.

Frederick Polgardy

Jan 7, 2009, 11:22:39 AM1/7/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
I presented a 3-part JavaScript dealy to the Wheaton group last year.  Can reprise for the downtown group if there is interest.  The agenda was:

Part 1 - Core language
Part 2 - In the Browser (DOM + Event Model)
Part 3 - 3rd party Libraries (Prototype/Script.aculo.us, jQuery, ...)

Suggestions for 3rd party libs to cover are welcome.  I'm diving into Dojo now, and am happy to do some legwork on something else if there is interest.

-Fred
--
Science answers questions; philosophy questions answers.

Dean Wampler

Jan 7, 2009, 11:42:07 AM1/7/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com, Dean Wampler
+1
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
deanwampler (Y!, gmail, AIM IM, Twitter)
See also:
http://www.polyglotprogramming.com  Multi-language and multi-paradigm programming
http://www.aspectprogramming.com    AOP advocacy site
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org       AOP for Ruby
http://www.contract4j.org           Design by Contract for Java5

Jim Breen

Jan 8, 2009, 11:25:11 PM1/8/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
That would be great.  +1

Lance Ennen

Jan 8, 2009, 11:55:15 PM1/8/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
+1

--
Lance M. Ennen
1232 N. Milwaukee Ave

Frederick Polgardy

Jan 13, 2009, 11:47:00 AM1/13/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
Also would like to do a talk on Clojure at some point.  Been hacking on it a lot lately and starting to get the hang of some of its idioms.  But I'd be willing to sit in the audience if we could bring in Stuart Halloway instead. =]

Mario Aquino

Jan 13, 2009, 11:59:45 AM1/13/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
Wish you Chicago-types could have beamed-down to the Gateway to the West for the Lambda Lounge (http://lambdalounge.org) January meeting, at which a Clojure talk was delivered by local geek celeb Mark Volkmann (as well as a Dashboard widget talk by me and an Objective-C talk by David Giovannini).  The turnout was strong and there was beer & pizza (though not the delicious Chicago-style that grows from the trees up there).  All are welcome for the February meeting (if you dare)  :-)

--Mario

Frederick Polgardy

Jan 13, 2009, 12:30:24 PM1/13/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like an awesome group!  If I were single and childless I'd probably try to visit on a regular basis. ;)