Announcing chiPhone

payto...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2009, 1:04:46 PM7/10/09
to Polyglot Programmers
Please excuse the mild hijacking of this message board - I am posting
this announcement to message boards that have programmers with good
taste, this seemed to come to mind. Objective-C counts as polyglot
right?

And yes Dean I know you've seen this at least three times.

It's with great pleasure that I announce the creation of chiPhone,
the
Chicago iPhone developer's group, with our first meeting on June 23rd
at 6:30. The fourth Thursday of every month should feature
interesting presentations, hackfests, and everything else you'd
expect
from a quality developer group.

The group website is now up and running at www.chiphonegroup.org
where
you can register there to attend the first meetup. In addition
you'll
find directions to the 8th Light offices, where most of our meetings
will take place, and the announcement of the topic for the next
meeting. As the official site website all further information will
be
posted there, including video recording of the talks.

The first meeting will feature a presentation by "the Eric's" on Test
Driven Development for the iPhone. We'll be starting with the basics
of setup and work all the way through Dependency Injection using
Interface Builder. Bring your Macs so you can grab our github project
for experimenting. Get to the 8th Light offices early for pizza and
refreshments.

8th Light is located just off of Route 45 in Libertyville, and
detailed directions are available on the chiPhone website. In
addition we are near the Libertyville train station, and pickup/
drop-off service is available.

I'm looking forward to a lot of great meetups, and I'll be asking you
to provide some topics in the near future.

Hal Wigoda

Jul 10, 2009, 9:43:43 PM7/10/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com, Polyglot Programmers
You mean July 23rd, correct?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2009, at 12:04 PM, "er...@8thlight.com"

Eric Smith

Jul 13, 2009, 1:21:24 PM7/13/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I do.  Doh!

If only I hadn't put that announcement on several message boards.........