JavaScript it is

Frederick Polgardy

Mar 18, 2009, 10:48:04 AM3/18/09
to Polyglot Programmers
When: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6-8 PM
Where: Obtiva, 566 W Adams, Suite 400, Chicago IL 60661
Who: Frederick Polgardy
What: The JavaScript Renaissance Part I: The Core Language

What comes to mind when think of JavaScript? Broken web sites, browser
incompatibilities, and brittle spaghetti code? It doesn't have to be
this way anymore! In this presentation, we'll be looking at the
language itself, paying special attention to its most powerful and
under-appreciated features: prototype-based inheritance, closures, and
metaprogramming. We'll look briefly at what these features actually
mean from a language standpoint, and then spend most of our time
rolling up our sleeves and experimenting with code. Come prepared with
burning questions!

If you like to play along, I recommend installing Java and Rhino
before the meeting. Rhino is Mozilla's implementation of JavaScript in
Java, and makes an excellent sandbox to experiment interactively,
write scripts, and play around with the excellent JVM integration.
I'll be using it in the presentation to run code samples.

http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/

Frederick Polgardy

Mar 18, 2009, 10:55:28 AM3/18/09
to Polyglot Programmers

roy kolak

Mar 18, 2009, 11:25:55 AM3/18/09
to Polyglot Programmers
Cool Freddy P. I'll be coming with some Sears chumps.

On Mar 18, 9:55 am, Frederick Polgardy <f...@polgardy.com> wrote:
> Google Map:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=566+W.+Adams,+Chicag...

alex chang

Mar 27, 2009, 8:07:27 AM3/27/09
to Polyglot Programmers
great meeting last night. I really enjoyed it.

-alex