Thursday's Talk: Hello, and Beyond

Andy Maleh

Oct 19, 2009, 3:13:22 PM10/19/09
to polyglot-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello Polyglot Programmers,

This Thursday, Clyde Forrester is giving a presentation in downtown Chicago titled "Hello, and Beyond".

Abstract:

"When learning a new programming language or testing a new environment, one commonly runs the "Hello" program, which simply puts "Hello" on the screen. Some, like me, do not progress beyond that in great leaps, but must define deliberate small steps to understand new languages and additional functionality. To help with this, I am gradually building a set of exercises and implementations in many computer languages. I will present what I have so far, as well as the significant problems I have encountered, and some lessons learned."

When: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 6:00-8:00
Where: Obtiva, 566 W. Adams St., Suite 400, Chicago, IL
Eating: Giordano's Pizza

Link: http://polyglotprogrammers.com/usa/illinois/chicago/200910.html

Looking forward to see you.

Andy Maleh