ANN: 1st ever Chicago-Area Scala Enthusiasts Meeting, 2/19 at ThoughtWorks

Dean Wampler

Feb 4, 2009, 2:27:59 PM2/4/09
to Polyglot Programmers, Dean Wampler
OOPS. Goofed on the address...

From: Dean Wampler <deanw...@gmail.com>
Date: February 4, 2009 1:22:21 PM CST
Subject: ANN: 1st ever Chicago-Area Scala Enthusiasts Meeting, 2/19 at  ThoughtWorks

Thanks to Thoughtworks and Josh Cronemeyer, the Chicago-Area Scala Enthusiasts (CASE) will have our first meeting on Feb. 19 at 6:00 for Pizza, 6:30 for the meeting. We'll meet regularly on the third Thursday of each month.

For those of you on the CJUG, CHIRB, Chicago Agile, and Polyglot mailing lists, this will be the last announcement I'll post to your lists. Thanks for your indulgence.

For the first meeting, I'll do a brief introductory presentation on The Seductions of Scala. (I've rewritten and shortened this presentation from the one given last year at other groups...) We'll also do some initial administrivia. Think about other topics you would like to present or hear about.

Until I set up an automated RSVP system (and volunteers to do that are welcome!), please RSVP directly to me with the number of people in your "party" who will be attending.

There is a "chicagoscala" google group: http://groups.google.com/group/chicagoscala

I've also set up a twitter account,  http://twitter.com/chicagoscala. You can tweet your RSVP to it. I'll also post announcements, etc. through that account.

The ThoughtWorks Address

ThoughtWorks
Aon Center
200 E. Randolph
Chicago , IL 60601
25th Floor
(312) 373-1000

Note on After Hour Access

The building entrance on Randolph will be open. The security desk will have the names of all who RSVP'd and will let only those people in. Please RSVP by noon the day of the event. Use the first bank of elevators on your left to get up to 25. If you have difficulty or didn't RSVP in time call me at 312-339-1330.

Thanks and see you there!

Dean

Dean Wampler
deanw...@gmail.com
twitter: @chicagoscala

Co-author of "Programming Scala" (O'Reilly), now available as a "Rough Cut".
http://www.objectmentor.com
http://www.polyglotprogramming.com
http://www.aspectprogramming.com
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org