Keto diet updates?

Afshin

Dec 13, 2020, 4:12:06 PM12/13/20
to PLD Polycystic Liver Disease
I'm curious if anyone is still doing the Keto diet?
I've personally found it a bit difficult to maintain so I'm on a semi/part-time vegetarian version of it.
I'm considering whether or not to increase my carb intake again, healthy foods such as oatmeal, etc.
Has anyone had definite positive results comparing a low carb and regular carb diet?

-Afshin

Diane

Dec 13, 2020, 4:17:28 PM12/13/20
to Polycystic Liver Disease Google
I am maintaining the intermittent fasting diet without a change is my diet, I have been able to obtain no blood pressure medicine, I was taking BHBoost i tablet a day. Then I had a vasovagal attack. so now I take only the 125 mg Keflex for chronic elderly UTI.

~Diane

Afshin

Dec 13, 2020, 4:33:06 PM12/13/20
to PLD Polycystic Liver Disease
I am able to do the intermittent fasting as well on most days.  I also plan on starting on the BHB supplements from Dr. Weimbs' lab when those come out.
In the meantime, I'm considering making the slow transition out of veggie-Keto and back into a (mostly) regular plant-based diet.
-A