Re: [PolycysticLiverDisease] Digest for polycysticliverdisease@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Stacey Kupczyn

Feb 19, 2021, 11:16:52 PM2/19/21
to polycysticl...@googlegroups.com
Do you have cysts on your kidney's too? I have over 100 cysts on my liver and it runs totally across my entire body instead of only on one side...I also have numerous cysts on both kidneys - one is high up the other in my groin area..  When I did a CAT scan, I got to see the pictures and my anatomy. It was truly amazing to see and put things in perspective. I have always had trouble when my liver cysts grow and press on my stomach. When this happens, I can't eat or drink anything. So when you have a liver with numerous cysts.... my dr. compared it to putting a blown up balloon in a normal person's abdomen....there's no room so there will be other organs that are impacted!!! Time to see the doctor!

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 2:55 AM <polycysticl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Afshin <at.m...@gmail.com>: Feb 18 09:22PM -0800

I have an enlarged liver with innumerable cysts, and over the past few days
I've been noticing that I have developed some back pain or pressure on the
left side while I sit down. Does anyone else experience pain or discomfort
of this sort? I wonder if it's because my left kidney is being compressed
against my back due to the enlarged liver.

I haven't noticed this otherwise before. I wonder if this is a sign that
it's time to consider some treatment like octreotide. I intend to see if
this mild back pain continues over the next few days before reaching out to
my doctor.

In the meantime, I have setup an appointment with a naturopathic
chiropractor who I've been told has a good sense of knowing what sorts of
natural remedies can help people with various health issues. I'm curious
if he might have something useful for me. I presume he will prescribe some
sort of liver or gut cleansing natural treatment.
Mike Lyons <lyon...@gmail.com>: Feb 19 02:26PM +0900

I have the exact same thing. My left side has been bothering me since
November.
My left kidney has a pretty big stone near the bottom of the kidney. It
seems that when I sit too long or eat too much, that puts pressure on the
kidney; I'm guessing it's the stone that hurts.

Afshin <at.m...@gmail.com>: Feb 18 09:31PM -0800

That's interesting, I wonder if mine might be related to a kidney stone as
well.
Do you have an enlarged polycystic liver as well?
And have you found any pain relief methods that help?

Mike Lyons <lyon...@gmail.com>: Feb 19 02:57PM +0900

My liver is pretty big. My belly looks like an 8-month pregnant woman's.
The only thing that seems to help my stomach ache is drinking lots of water
and avoiding triggers like oereating.

Mark de Buisseret

Feb 20, 2021, 7:15:34 AM2/20/21
to polycysticl...@googlegroups.com

Like some in this group I have my thousands of cysts on my kidneys and some on my liver. I have been on dialysis for 10 years now and dont particularly want a transplant.  Normal kidneys are as big as as a fist. Mine are bigger than footballs (soccer balls for USA)  and unravvelled would cover a tennis court. They weigh a lot.

Do not get hung up on cyst numbers as some are microscopic.so counts are always wrong. Its the small cysts and the huge cysts that cause issues. The microscopic cause infections and I have one at the moment, the large ones rupture releasing lots of rubbish and this includes blood. Its possible to bleed for months from them. I did when due to serious sepsis my kidneys dropped in performance by 10 per cent, my urine was black with blood and I was wrongly left by my renal unit until my partner intervened as my hb was so dangerous cardiac arrest or stroke could have occurred at any time. My GP was taking weekly blood results and urine samples but junior doctors were processing the samples but not passing on the data to my consultant who was writing a book on death at the time amongst other projects and has moved sideways to a research job. A month in hospital plus three months out four units of blood, many thousands of pounds of drugs and removal of one doctor and luckily I recovered. Many staff were surprised I did. My kidney performance is the best in the dialysis unit at around 6per cent.

Kidneys dont just filter. They also control blood pressure and hormone and chemical levels. Unlike other diseases whilst your filtration has disappeared the rest continues and you do still get variable output, good bp levels now so tablets were stopped and my hb gets so high my blood sometimes has to be thrown away.

Pain is another matter....

Mark.