keto citrate

Diane

Dec 22, 2020, 1:30:01 PM12/22/20
to Polycystic Liver Disease Google
from Santa Barbara Dr. Weimbs

Dear Friends of Santa Barbara Nutrients,

2020 was a weird year and mostly terrible for everyone. For me, however, 2020 was also a year of great excitement and joy because we launched Santa Barbara Nutrients in March. Since then, a terrific team of kidney researchers and kidney patients has come together with the goal to create science backed nutraceuticals for people with PKD and other kidney diseases, and for supporting kidney health in general.

Like they say: When life gives you lemons, make KetoCitra!

Wait, what? KetoCitra?

OK, here is the announcement: Our first product is named KetoCitra and will be a kidney-safe formulation containing BHB and citrate (get it? KetoCitra !). KetoCitra will be a medical food to be taken under medical supervision and recommended for individuals with PKD up to CKD stage 3. Additional products are in development.

We are planning to invite people to be part of a beta test group in early 2021. This is not a clinical trial but a way to provide early product feedback before we fully launch KetoCitra. Look out for an announcement if you are interested to participate as a beta tester.

Here is another announcement: You may be confused about what you should eat and what not to eat if you have PKD. There is a lot of conflicting information out there including diets and recommendations that, frankly, could be harmful for people with PKD. We have been working very hard together with a terrific group of highly experienced renal dietitians from the non-profit company RenAlign to design a dietary management program for PKD which we call Ren.Nu (think “renal nutrition”, also “renew”). Ren.Nu will be a 12-week online training program to teach the implementation of a plant-dominant ketogenic diet that takes into account the latest PKD research and also incorporates KetoCitra. Ren.Nu will also launch in early 2021. Look out for announcements.

So, maybe 2020 hasn’t been so bad after all. I am delighted that we were able to use the downtime (stuck in the home office most of the year) to develop KetoCitra, Ren.Nu and a lot more that’s in the pipeline.

I wish you and your families Happy Holidays and all the best for a great start in 2021.

Thomas Weimbs

President of Santa Barbara Nutrients on behalf of the whole team

Afshin Cohen

Dec 22, 2020, 1:32:05 PM12/22/20
to polycysticl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I saw.  Very exciting!

Diane

Dec 22, 2020, 1:33:04 PM12/22/20
to Polycystic Liver Disease Google

Kathryn Hayes

Jan 2, 2021, 2:07:19 PM1/2/21
to PLD Polycystic Liver Disease
How do we get access to the product testing?

Diane

Jan 2, 2021, 4:41:57 PM1/2/21
to Polycystic Liver Disease Google
I just sent a message:
I would like to be beta tester,

~Diane

Kathryn Hayes

Jan 2, 2021, 4:44:54 PM1/2/21
to polycysticl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PLD Polycystic Liver Disease" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polycysticliverdisease/A5469195-91B5-4DE4-8AC6-AB3043919FB4%40mac.com.