Quad docs update

Matthew Butterick

May 24, 2019, 11:44:46 AM5/24/19
to Pollen
https://docs.racket-lang.org/quad/

I've added more material to the Quad docs, including documentation of the available styling attributes, and a simple example of how to use it as a back-end for generating PDFs from Pollen.

More to come ...

Shrutarshi Basu

Jun 4, 2019, 12:59:13 PM6/4/19
to Matthew Butterick, Pollen
I took a look at this and really like what I see. I've been wanting to move away from LaTeX to something more modern for a long time. I understand that this will take a long time to mature, but I would like to help. I've had a passing interest in typography and typesetting for a while now, but I don't have much by way of technical understanding, especially how to do it on modern computers. Can you recommend any references for learning more about these areas?

Thanks,
Basu

Shrutarshi Basu
The ByteBaker -- computer science is not about computers

Jens Axel Søgaard

Jun 4, 2019, 1:24:38 PM6/4/19
to Shrutarshi Basu, Matthew Butterick, Pollen
This looks extremely interesting!

Jens Axel Søgaard

Matthew Butterick

Jun 4, 2019, 3:41:33 PM6/4/19
to Shrutarshi Basu, Pollen
At this point, the most helpful thing would be to a) use `quadwriter` for simple jobs, b) file issues for things that don't work, or c) tell me what features are missing that would make it useful to you.

Which is not to deter you from learning about technical aspects of typesetting, but it took me five years to get this far, and a lot of it is very boring ;)