The Politics of Fear

DickMcManus

Aug 15, 2012, 5:25:16 PM8/15/12
to politics-and-electora...@googlegroups.com

SEE

http://youtu.be/XGlu4Xlrkvc

Join a group of Democrats (working class liberals) who believe the end of cheap oil and natural gas and global climate change will result in an extreme disaster. I hope we can link up with other like minded people in other countries of Earth.

1. There are no sustainable energy sources that will rescue us at our current population levels and so we must ethically reduce our population and HOW we reduce it is a question for civil society.

2. Population reduction must be a part of any plan to rationally deal with peak oil (the end of cheap oil, natural gas, and coal), global climate change, biological/species decline, and natural resource depletion.

3. Global climate change will only be mitigated with extremely stringent emissions policies that reduce consumption rates and this must be done before fossil fuels are depleted.

4. Our government and/or political system has little chance whatsoever of reacting and acting soon enough to help.
Running on Empty Caucus of USA Democrats
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/​group/ROEcaucusUSDemocrats/
and
http://www.causes.com/causes/​786674-peak-oil-caucus-of-democ​rats-in-the-us

Read The Long Emergency by James Kuntsler

THE END OF GROWTH BY RICHARD HEINBERG Economists insist that recovery is at hand, yet unemployment remains high, real estate values continue to sink, and governments stagger under record deficits. The End of Growth proposes a startling diagnosis: humanity has reached a fundamental turning point in its economic history.
http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=XjFQLGVIJak