Peak Oil and Climate Change DEFCON 5

DickMcManus

Apr 30, 2012, 5:07:56 PM4/30/12
to Politics and Electoral Reform Working Group
Peak Oil and Climate Change DEFCON 5

We don’t need 5 percent CO2 emission by 2020 but 50 percent. And we
need to start downing down carbon from the atomasphere. We are on 391
and we need to get back to somewhere around 350, but better yet, 300

Complete de-carbonization by 2050,

Once oil hits $100 a barrel, then we have a recession and then demand
drops. Our self sufficience is now 50%, it probably will be less than
20 percent by 2020 by 2025.

Solutions:

Start carbon pricing.

Start personal carbon trading between individuals.

Putting carbon into the earth (carbon sequestrations into safe
storage
is not the silver bullet, as it will take a program as big as our
present oil industry to do this.

We have to stop high carbon projects NOW. That means stopping the
export of coal.

Increase vehicle emission standards.

We need to use less energy.

Gas rationing.

Major urban re-design and increased train transportation of freight,
stop freeway and airport construction

Corporate economics don’t work (super capitalism), we need a planned
economy. If we don’t have a sustainable environment, we don’t have an
economy. We need to focus on enhancing the commons and pay and status
need to be given to those who move us in these directions.

Community awareness.

source:

Peak Oil and Climate Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwjXEymVPBw&feature=related

Dick McManus for Congress, 2nd CD-WA, 2012

Democrat, Everett/Mill Creek, WA

Chief Warrant Officer/counterintelligence special agent, US Army,
retired.

Running on Empty Caucus of Democrats in the United States

Join a group of Democrats (working class liberals) who believe the
end
of cheap oil and natural gas and global climate change will result in
an extreme disaster. I hope we can link up with other like minded
people in other countries of Earth.

1. There are no sustainable energy sources that will rescue us at our
current population levels and so we must reduce our population and
HOW
it should be reduced is a question for civil society.

2. Population reduction must be a part of any plan to rationally deal
with peak oil (the end of cheap oil, natural gas, and coal), global
climate change, biological/species decline, and natural resource
depletion.

3. Global climate change will only be mitigated with extremely
stringent emissions policies that reduce consumption rates and this
must be done before fossil fuels are depleted.

4. Our government and/or political system have no chance whatsoever
react soon enough to help us, but I will still work to support
Democrats in elections.

Running on Empty Caucus of USA Democrats