Karl Rove

Eva Douglas

Sep 23, 2009, 10:21:19 PM9/23/09
to politic...@googlegroups.com

http://start.localnet.com/article.php?article=D9AT3D501.html

They are using Karl Rovian tactics so no one can get anything done.  Karl Rove is employed by Fox news.  People seem oblivious that he is right on the scene where all this is going on.  They blame Beck.  Eva

Starluna

Sep 23, 2009, 10:29:03 PM9/23/09
to Political Irony
LaHood is right. Change will only happen when people stop watching/
listening to that crap.

It's amazing how much improved our individual and collectives lives
would be if we all stopped listening to AM talk radio, cable news, and
local news. Ever since I stopped my outlook on life is more positive,
my self esteem has increased, my blood pressure is down, I'm more
productive in my work, and my sex life has improved. Unfortunately,
my diet hasn't changed. But you can only ask for so much.

Eva Douglas

Sep 23, 2009, 10:45:27 PM9/23/09
to politic...@googlegroups.com
That's funny.  As I've told all, I turned 65 this month.  I realize that I stopped watching television when I lived in Berkeley in the 1960s.  I watched Cosby.  I listen to local news and read the obits.  I read AP news which I feel is balanced and is doing wonderful exposes.  I stayed glued to political irony to find out what is happening.  And I read and read and read political books to find out what happened in the last eight years.  One book, then a different perspective from another. Sports are all on the Internet now.  I know what you mean by the high blood pressure.  Not watching television, I was never influenced by the ranting. I remember in March 2003 someone saying to me that we were going into Iraq. "What does Iraq have to do with anything?" I asked.  Well, TV had breanwashed people into believing the lies.  The first time I ever saw Bush was during the Kerry/Bush debates.  My thought was "What is Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine doing running our country?"
Netflix is wonderful.  No ads influencing you to buy something, etc.

Daniel Habtemariam

Sep 23, 2009, 11:05:51 PM9/23/09
to Political Irony
And LaHood would know a thing or two on this subject. First, he's a
Republican. Second, he's cut from a different cloth than the Roves
and the Palin's and modern day Fox News Republicans...he's a carryover
from the days of Bob Michel, the House minority leader who resisted
Newt Gingrich's scorched-earth tactics. He was the only person both
parties could agree to to preside over the then-explosive impeachment
proceedings against President Clinton.

Not getting anything done is precisely how Gingrich led Republicans in
1990s. The Rovian tactics, the media grandstanding,...they're doing
it all over again. The difference this time is now we have the
Internet. :-)