No Year in Review?

1 view

ThoughtDancer

Dec 29, 2009, 11:54:52 AM12/29/09
to Political Irony
Ok guys, it looks like our well loved Iron Knee isn't doing a "year in
review" post. So, what was your favorite, most delicious, ironic
moment of the last year?

Daniel Habtemariam

Dec 29, 2009, 2:57:33 PM12/29/09
to Political Irony
I suppose I'll start.

Most ironic: Senior citizens protesting socialized medicine.
2nd most ironic: Sarah Palin resigning from office in order to avoid
being a lameduck governor.
Most delicious: ?
Most surprising: Alan Grayson showing up out of nowhere and speaking
to Republicans the same way they speak to Democrats.
Most overrated: the filibuster-proof Democratic majority.
Most underrated: Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's handling of healthcare
reform.
Most stupefyingly awesome: Obama inauguration (I'm not an emotional
person, but this really shook me up inside as I was watching it).
Most stupefyingly awful: Glenn Beck, greatest troll of 2009 if not
also the worst person of 1990

Daniel Habtemariam

ironknee

Dec 29, 2009, 5:04:51 PM12/29/09
to Political Irony
Tom Tomorrow did a great year in review for me!
http://politicalirony.com/2009/12/29/2009-in-crazy/

Personally, my most ironic thing this year was Republicans gleefully
and openly becoming the "Party of No" and opposing pretty much
everything Obama does (even things they agree with, like military
funding). And then ironically blaming the Democrats for not being able
to get anything done. And then people (including liberals) believing
that meme and sending the approval rating of the Democrats into the
toilet. If this results in Republicans winning seats in Congress at
the midterms next year, that will be irony on top of irony on top of
irony.